How can I get Xbox music to shuffle through my entire collection?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How can I get Xbox music to shuffle through my entire collection.

I'm running Xbox music with windows 7 on my PC.
From a collection of approx 2500 songs Xbox shuffle tends to play the same songs over and over and some songs I've never even heard yet.
Is there a fix for this, when I'm paying for a service like Xbox music I expect all its features to work properly and efficiently.

emma0

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: How can I get Xbox music to shuffle through my entire collection.

I'm running Xbox music with windows 7 on my PC.
From a collection of approx 2500 songs Xbox shuffle tends to play the same songs over and over and some songs I've never even heard yet.
Is there a fix for this, when I'm paying for a service like Xbox music I expect all its features to work properly and efficiently.

if you want to continue your shuffled "now playing" list, choose the "recent plays" list. tap on your recent and play from there you wont hear the same starting song again.

bjg492

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
One of my ongoing frustrations with Xbox/Groove music service is that the seemingly simple idea of the shuffle algorithm has always been poorly implemented. It works better now than it used to, but that isn't saying much. I often add whole albums it seems to gravitate to a couple of albums and never play from others.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Whether it's through Zune on my W7 desktop and Zune players, and Surface Pro 2; or XBM on my Lumia 1020 and Surface RT, shuffling works flawlessly --although I do still get the notorious noise with gapless live tracks on the 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs