iOS 8.4 broke the app

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I foolishly updated my iPhone to iOS 8.4 yesterday, now the Xbox Music app is broken. It will play a single song, then the first few seconds of the next song, then it crashes and takes me back to my iPhone home screen. I've tried it with albums and with radio and I get the same result.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. I tried uninstall and reinstall and it did not fix it. I remember seeing something about Microsoft updating the app once Windows 10 is out, but I haven't seen any info on when they will release it. I'm doubtful that they will fix the current app any time soon since everyone is working to get Windows 10 ready for launch.

Claude Dorion

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, same here happened on both my iPhone 5 and iPad mini. Before upgrading, it was working well on both devices. Bad move from Apple, now to get access to my music I had no choice to register with Apple music. Hope Microsoft can fix the app soon with an update for Apple devices so I can use my paid subscription to Xbox music.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app without success. Even deleted the app, turn my iPhone off for 5 minutes then reinstall without luck. Boooo Apple.....

Jaredallister

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, same here happened on both my iPhone 5 and iPad mini. Before upgrading, it was working well on both devices. Bad move from Apple, now to get access to my music I had no choice to register with Apple music. Hope Microsoft can fix the app soon with an update for Apple devices so I can use my paid subscription to Xbox music.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app without success. Even deleted the app, turn my iPhone off for 5 minutes then reinstall without luck. Boooo Apple.....

Apple gave developers access to iOS 8.4 months ago to test their apps. Boo Microsoft for not testing and fixing their apps before Apple made iOS 8.4 available to the public. Apple gave them plenty of time.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Apple gave developers access to iOS 8.4 months ago to test their apps. Boo Microsoft for not testing and fixing their apps before Apple made iOS 8.4 available to the public. Apple gave them plenty of time.
Wow, how Apple have managed to create this belief that even when they do wrong (and I'm sure it's no coincidence music apps are failing when Apple launch a music service) that it's the others fault is a mystery. Let's hope a serial killer is not the first to crack the psychology behind it lol.

Jaredallister

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Wow, how Apple have managed to create this belief that even when they do wrong (and I'm sure it's no coincidence music apps are failing when Apple launch a music service) that it's the others fault is a mystery. Let's hope a serial killer is not the first to crack the psychology behind it lol.

Spotify is working fine, Google Play Music is working fine, Pandora is working fine, SoundCloud is working fine, iHeartRadio is working fine,TuneIN is working fine, only Xbox Music isn't working, that means its the developers fault. Apple gave developers access to iOS 8.4 a very long time ago. It is the developers responsibility to make sure their app works with new updates, not Apples As a developer, I use the beta period Apple provides to prepare my apps, as do all the other developers I know. Since Microsoft didn't take the time to insure their app works, than it is their fault that it doesn't!

Last edited:

characato

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Same problem with my iPhone 5s after installing iOS 8.4. I've tried unistalling and reinstalling the app as Xbox support suggested, no luck.
I think the only solution available is to downgrade to iOS 8.3.
Btw, my Surface is working fine, this confirm that the issue is related to iOS 8.4.

theteerex

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
This is a critical time for xbox music with the release of yet another streaming music service and MS decides to go AWOL on the issue. I have a paid subscription and would like for my money to be well-spent, not wasted.
Please fix this problem ASAP.

tomworthjr

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Yep, ditto with my 6 Plus.
If Apple wanted to force me to try Apple Music even though I am perfectly happy with Xbox Music, they succeeded. I spent all weekend learning and relying on Apple Music, kicking Xbox Music to the curb.

characato

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Good News? Maybe.
Xbox Music will be replaced by Groove by the end of this month, but I have some concerns: when is the iOS app going to be available? Xbox music pass subscription will work in Groove?

Claude Dorion

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, an Xbox update just showed up on both iPad and iPhone. Installed it and now Xbox music plays like before. No issue at all.

Actually, one issue I have is when I try to download my music instead of streaming it, it now says that I reached the maximum of 4 devices. But my iPhone is still the same as before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99