07-15-2015 11:00 AM
28 12
tools
    I foolishly updated my iPhone to iOS 8.4 yesterday, now the Xbox Music app is broken. It will play a single song, then the first few seconds of the next song, then it crashes and takes me back to my iPhone home screen. I've tried it with albums and with radio and I get the same result.
    Montpbm and characato like this.
    07-01-2015 07:00 AM
    same thing happens with my Iphone 4s. i think Apple Wants U to USE Apple Music
    07-01-2015 07:05 AM
    I'm having the same issue on my iPhone 6 Plus. I reached out to Xbox Support but haven't heard back yet.
    07-02-2015 07:37 AM
    I am having the same problem here. iPhone 6 plus iOS 8.4 If anyone finds a solution please share.
    07-02-2015 10:09 AM
    It's an Xbox Music thing, because I'm having the same problem on my Lumia 1520.
    07-02-2015 10:13 AM
    I've contacted Xbox support and they blamed Apple and asked me to contact them. =(
    07-02-2015 10:40 AM
    Xbox Support tweeted me back saying for me to uninstall the app and reinstall and see if that helps.
    07-02-2015 12:27 PM
    Same issue here. I tried uninstall and reinstall and it did not fix it. I remember seeing something about Microsoft updating the app once Windows 10 is out, but I haven't seen any info on when they will release it. I'm doubtful that they will fix the current app any time soon since everyone is working to get Windows 10 ready for launch.
    07-02-2015 09:03 PM
    It must be an Apple bug. I just tried Xbox Music on Android, and it plays normally.
    07-02-2015 10:44 PM
    Hi, same here happened on both my iPhone 5 and iPad mini. Before upgrading, it was working well on both devices. Bad move from Apple, now to get access to my music I had no choice to register with Apple music. Hope Microsoft can fix the app soon with an update for Apple devices so I can use my paid subscription to Xbox music.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app without success. Even deleted the app, turn my iPhone off for 5 minutes then reinstall without luck. Boooo Apple.....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-03-2015 03:24 PM
    Hi, same here happened on both my iPhone 5 and iPad mini. Before upgrading, it was working well on both devices. Bad move from Apple, now to get access to my music I had no choice to register with Apple music. Hope Microsoft can fix the app soon with an update for Apple devices so I can use my paid subscription to Xbox music.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app without success. Even deleted the app, turn my iPhone off for 5 minutes then reinstall without luck. Boooo Apple.....
    Apple gave developers access to iOS 8.4 months ago to test their apps. Boo Microsoft for not testing and fixing their apps before Apple made iOS 8.4 available to the public. Apple gave them plenty of time.
    07-03-2015 10:44 PM
    Apple gave developers access to iOS 8.4 months ago to test their apps. Boo Microsoft for not testing and fixing their apps before Apple made iOS 8.4 available to the public. Apple gave them plenty of time.
    Wow, how Apple have managed to create this belief that even when they do wrong (and I'm sure it's no coincidence music apps are failing when Apple launch a music service) that it's the others fault is a mystery. Let's hope a serial killer is not the first to crack the psychology behind it lol.
    07-04-2015 04:46 AM
    Wow, how Apple have managed to create this belief that even when they do wrong (and I'm sure it's no coincidence music apps are failing when Apple launch a music service) that it's the others fault is a mystery. Let's hope a serial killer is not the first to crack the psychology behind it lol.
    Spotify is working fine, Google Play Music is working fine, Pandora is working fine, SoundCloud is working fine, iHeartRadio is working fine,TuneIN is working fine, only Xbox Music isn't working, that means its the developers fault. Apple gave developers access to iOS 8.4 a very long time ago. It is the developers responsibility to make sure their app works with new updates, not Apples As a developer, I use the beta period Apple provides to prepare my apps, as do all the other developers I know. Since Microsoft didn't take the time to insure their app works, than it is their fault that it doesn't!
    Last edited by Jaredallister; 07-04-2015 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Add two more points
    07-04-2015 05:08 PM
    I'm confused.com why would anyone use Xbox music on a iPhone? I mean......come-on!
    07-04-2015 06:24 PM
    Watch this guys!

07-04-2015 06:44 PM
    Same problem with my iPhone 5s after installing iOS 8.4. I've tried unistalling and reinstalling the app as Xbox support suggested, no luck.
    I think the only solution available is to downgrade to iOS 8.3.
    Btw, my Surface is working fine, this confirm that the issue is related to iOS 8.4.
    jockopablo likes this.
    07-06-2015 10:37 AM
    This is a critical time for xbox music with the release of yet another streaming music service and MS decides to go AWOL on the issue. I have a paid subscription and would like for my money to be well-spent, not wasted.
    Please fix this problem ASAP.
    07-06-2015 02:29 PM
    Yep, ditto with my 6 Plus.
    If Apple wanted to force me to try Apple Music even though I am perfectly happy with Xbox Music, they succeeded. I spent all weekend learning and relying on Apple Music, kicking Xbox Music to the curb.
    07-06-2015 04:48 PM
    Good News? Maybe.
    Xbox Music will be replaced by Groove by the end of this month, but I have some concerns: when is the iOS app going to be available? Xbox music pass subscription will work in Groove?
    07-08-2015 07:27 PM
    Hi guys, an Xbox update just showed up on both iPad and iPhone. Installed it and now Xbox music plays like before. No issue at all.

Actually, one issue I have is when I try to download my music instead of streaming it, it now says that I reached the maximum of 4 devices. But my iPhone is still the same as before.
    Laura Knotek and characato like this.
    07-08-2015 09:55 PM
    After about 24hrs of the App working on my iPhone 6 Plus it is broken again. It's not allowing me to play my Offline music that is saved to the phone. It just plays one song and then completely closes the app. After I got out of the subway, I restarted the App and tried once again to play my saved Playlist and it was still doing the same thing even with Cellular signal.
    07-10-2015 07:38 AM
    I restored my iPhone 5S to 8.3 and Xbox Music is working fine again.

Yesterday I saw that there is an update available for the Xbox Music iOS app. Anyone know if that fixes the problem with 8.4? I installed the update and it still works fine with 8.3, but I'm not upgrading iOS to 8.4 until I know for sure it doesn't break the Xbox Music app again.
    07-10-2015 11:29 AM
    I find that it works fine when streaming. When trying to play offline music, however, it crashes after each song. For now I'll stick to streaming and see if they update it any time soon.
    07-12-2015 01:43 PM
    I find that it works fine when streaming. When trying to play offline music, however, it crashes after each song. For now I'll stick to streaming and see if they update it any time soon.
    Xbox Support told me on Twitter that they are looking into that issue. It works fine to Stream music on either Cell/WiFi service, it's when you try to use any music saved or Offline that it will crash after every song on either Cell/No Cell Service, but if you are connected to WiFi than saved/offline music works fine. This issue has sux for me because my morning commute involves being underground in the subway for more than half my commute; guess I'll be using Apple Music for now.
    07-13-2015 02:59 PM
    Latest update from yesterday fixed my issues of not being able to play my Saved Music on Cell Service or Offline.
    07-14-2015 08:11 AM
28 12