Groove Music Quality, is it 192kbps 256kbps or 320kbps?

kobe_mvp

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
cant find it anywhere. I am seriously considering switching my music streaming service to groove music because the spotify app for windows phone is so slow, rdio is abit better, but i think if i switch it would probably be better if i go with the native service, which is groove.

But i have a few concerns:

1) the sound quality as the title suggests
2) import spotify playlist, spent a lot of time making them when i was on spotify
3) the ability to search playlists
4) top charts, i dont seem to be able to find charts like billboard top 100 etc

without 3 and 4, it would be really hard for me to find new music, didnt know where to go

any thoughts? thanks!

Last edited:

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you that playlists I've created are arbitrarily CHANGING SONGS to different songs from the same artist, ie. I add song a from artist a and it works fine for a few days. All of a sudden out of the blue song a becomes song b. This has happened several times. It also goes through spells where trying to skip ahead one track results in it skipping 1 or 2 tracks ahead.

Groove is exhibiting some bizarre behavior. I hope they've addressed some of this in the latest build.

kobe_mvp

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you that playlists I've created are arbitrarily CHANGING SONGS to different songs from the same artist, ie. I add song a from artist a and it works fine for a few days. All of a sudden out of the blue song a becomes song b. This has happened several times. It also goes through spells where trying to skip ahead one track results in it skipping 1 or 2 tracks ahead.

Groove is exhibiting some bizarre behavior. I hope they've addressed some of this in the latest build.

Guess I will have to stuck with Spotify, not that I don't like Spotify, it is just the windows phone app is so damn show....

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
It would be even BETTER if it was something like 64K AAC

AAC is a superior compression to mp3 by far.

Go to shoutcast and listen to a 128k mp3 stream. The high frequencies will be noticeably crap. 92 k and below will be horrible. 192k is where it starts to sound good with 320k being near CD.

Then try a 64k AAC stream and it sounds fine. 64k AAC is more like 192k mp3.

32k AAC is almost tolerable in AAC. 64K is high quality if you find those stations.

I like AAC because it will still play when you lose high speed internet.

arborite

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I feel like Groove Music (on Windows 10 on my laptop) sounds terrible. It's fuzzy and murky on tracks that I know shouldn't be; the fuzziness comes in and out. I've tested it against the very same songs in Spotify, and it's so much clearer on Spotify. I am pretty upset about this, since I love to listen to music while I work, and I have like, 18 months of paid subscription to Groove music left. The crappy sound quality is so distracting that I don't end up using this service, and go to Spotify and have to listen to ads instead. This was never the case with Xbox Music, so I hope there is a fix or something. I wouldn't recommend switching to Groove now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2