Still Using Windows Phone 8 Music+Videos

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So, we're nearing the release of Windows 10 Mobile.
We've moved from Windows Phone 8's Music+Videos, to Windows Phone 8.1's Xbox Music, to Windows 10's Groove Music.
But, after all this time, I'm still using Windows Phone 8's Music+Videos (albeit, with the Music Hub Tile app).
To me, it's still the best option for playing local MP3s.
I don't do streaming music and I don't store my music on OneDrive.
Because of that, Xbox Music and Groove Music wouldn't load artist pictures or have a fancy live tile.
Add MPATool into the mix, and you get artist pictures and a fancy live tile.
I've tried numerous music players and I haven't found one that does a good job with live tiles.

These are, probably, things that most of use already know.
But, it would be cool to see how many people would rather use the old, old, apps.
Plus, there are going to be a lot of new Windows Phone users.
Maybe this would help them.
The only issue, that I have, is that Windows 10 Mobile changed some live tile stuff.
Now, the artist picture doesn't fill the whole tile.
But, it's still better (in my opinion) than nothing.
And, maybe, it will get fixed.
JJ

AuraTigital

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I honestly still think Zune was much better. Bringing out my old Omnia 7, I can get it to play music quicker compared to my current 920, which has a lot more firepower. Zune looked better too in some ways, especially the live tile.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
All I want, is a fast and responsive and SIMPLE app that can play 'local' mp3 files.
I also don't care about streaming, onedrive shenanigans or any other fancy feature, except the correct metadata being shown.
Not one app does that right.

Eather it's ugly as hell, or lags and crashes, or messes up the artist picture, or the artist and song details, or it's too complicated, or just paid.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Nostalgia.. I downloaded it again.. I didn't like when developer made it paid.. Seeing the reviews most people hated him, I guess.. But two steps to get in the app is a problem...I should buy it after all,its just fast and font and text look so good on my 1320 but the now playing screen looks odd and bad.. On 1020 it is good...

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo