How exactly do I change the info of a song (album artwork, artist, album, etc.)? I heard that you cant do it in Groove Music, and you have to change the file's properties, but I have no idea how to do that. Thanks.
    08-20-2015 03:08 PM
    If you want to change the artist and album of a song, open File Explorer and find the file you want to modify. Right click on the file and select "Properties". In the dialogue box that pops up, select the "Details" tab. Modify as you wish! If you want to change the album artwork, you might need a 3rd party program.

*Note: Information for certain file types, like .WAV, cannot be edited.
    If you want to change the artist and album of a song, open File Explorer and find the file you want to modify. Right click on the file and select "Properties". In the dialogue box that pops up, select the "Details" tab. Modify as you wish! If you want to change the album artwork, you might need a 3rd party program.

*Note: Information for certain file types, like .WAV, cannot be edited.
    08-20-2015 04:13 PM
    Search the web for mp3tag, takes care of all that for you in a simple interface.
    08-20-2015 04:26 PM
    Doing the File Explorer method is a slow nightmare for fixing Groove/Xbox Music's horrible tagging. I got MusicBee and use it, because it can do entire albums (songs, genres, artists, art, etc.) in one command. Groove's just terrible, honestly.
    08-23-2015 12:59 PM