Groove Music won't Sync music [Windows 10 Mobile 10572]

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm having my first problem with Groove, and i've never had issues with it in the entirety of the insider build. I had to reset on build 572 because Groove was eating my battery alive, but now, it won't sync any music. I'll add it to my Lumia 1520's SD card, which works for photos, but Groove won't go into an 'adding music' stage no matter what I use, be it file explorer, Windows Media Player, etc.

Any tips? I really don't want to have to hard reset again.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

It only seems to be an UI bug: I have 4361 songs and Groove recognized them all but without displaying "Adding ... songs".
Just set the "Screen times out after" on 5 minutes and let Groove works in the foreground (without locking the screen). Repeat this process a few times.
* And make sure you're on the version 3.6.1362.0.

bel b

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
What about the artist background guys? Earlier when I had build 10166, the app auto synced my collection and recognized the metadata and would automatically show the artist background. I rolled back to 8.1 and upgraded to 10572. But none of the artist backgrounds are showing up now. Microsoft really works hard to **** up our music experience each and every single time. I am so ******* pissed off. They can't do a single thing right. There's no point in providing artist backgrounds if they wont work properly.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I switched to VLC until they fix it. It's actuall working pretty well, and the now playing interface is similar to groove, you also can swipe album art to change songs. Best of all, it synced all my local songs unlike groove :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro