Finally now we have 10 music can download automatically

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
As per title really, it was so easy to forget to download an album when you added it to collection and it would download to all the other Windows devices but not you phone.

This meant every month or so you had to sit down with the phone and download manually, but not now.

On 10586 you just tick the auto download setting and your phone works the same way as all your other devices, sweet.

Azizelh

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, it doesn't work good in practice, at least not for me

I just bought a Lumia 950 and had to move my whole collection to the new phone, which is around 3,500 songs. When I tick auto-download,it starts downloading, but here's the thing... It stops downloading as soon as I leave the app! It is maddening

I have to stay in the app while it's downloading, and with more than 3,000 songs, it's hours and hours in the app, which is translating to days now since I started the process.

I don't know how Microsoft is still messing up these basic things luke background downloading, on their platform on top of that, when I'm sure it all works perfectly with Groove on iPhone and Android. It's really frustrating

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Too bad, Aziselh: it's worked fine for me, in practice, even if I now have a third version of my Collection, but that's mostly because that is how I managed things since Zune days.

I bought my 950 on Friday, and when I launched Groove on Saturday, more than 6000 tracks downloaded automatically, and mostly while running in the background as I worked on various installations, settings, etc. sharing the streaming, CPU, etc., and I'm not even sure if I have the latest W10 mobile build. Today, I took a little road trip and my Collection played back beautifully through my Audi's AUX input. Good luck getting your 950 in order, but know that it should work fine, or certainly better, even now. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb