Why doesn't all of my collection show up in Groove Music? And why no album art?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

For example, I have 7 Buddy Rich cd's in my Windows Media player, all showing album art. Groove music can only find 5, none with album art.
Album art is noticeably missing from a lot of my collection when viewed in Groove Music and a lot of files are too. What's up?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Just because WMP shows the art does not mean the art is embedded in the tags of the music file.

Use explorer on the PC to look at your music files and you can see if the art is there, embedded in the music file. Go to the down arrow, more options, top right and select 'content'. If the art is there you will see it. If it is not embedded in the file you will see not art.

WMP is a PC based library and uses other ways to show album art if it is not embedded in the music file.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Just because WMP shows the art does not mean the art is embedded in the tags of the music file.

Use explorer on the PC to look at your music files and you can see if the art is there, embedded in the music file. Go to the down arrow, more options, top right and select 'content'. If the art is there you will see it. If it is not embedded in the file you will see not art.

WMP is a PC based library and uses other ways to show album art if it is not embedded in the music file.

Based on what you typed out, I'm assuming that you have better knowledge than me in regards to the missing album art problem on Groove, specifically for W10M.

I have, over these past few months, reorganize my music library by correcting their individual metadata as well as embedding their album cover (I downloaded each cover myself from Google Image, even went the extra mile to find HD album art covers where, on average, the resolution of my album art covers were 1000x1000). I did all this using MP3Tag, and I knew that my album art has been correctly embedded because:
1) When viewing my music folder in 'Large Icons', each music file with embedded album covers shows the album art as the icon.
2) When playing the music file in my phone, the album art is shown correctly*.

Okay, the reason why there's a (*) at (2) is because I can only see the correct album art for my music when I play them through non-Groove Music Players such as Loco Music Player, MusicPro, Modern Music, MixRadio, etc.

In Groove, the player wrongly detects the album art of my music file and it displays the album art on the 'Now Playing' screen as if the covers had 200x200 resolution, but the non-Groove music players apparently shows the album arts in all it's HD glory.

So, based on what I've just said, do you have any idea as to why this is happening? Is it because Groove reads from specific ID3 tag or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss