What is the deal with Groove Music?

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to get the playlist to shuffle? and final is there a good music app that will allow me to bring over my google play music playlist and music I pay for their streaming service too and I pay for apple music as well yes I have phones on every platform I love to play in all gardens.

feereless

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: What is the deal with groove music

sorry to hijack, but is there another music app we can use? groove is unusable via bluetooth...

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

If you are first launching a playlist, just hit the shuffle icon (crossing arrows). If you have already launched your playlist and want to shuffle later, go to Groove, hit the bar at the bottom that shows the current song. This will open the song full screen. Hit the shuffle button (highlighted below)

wp_ss_20151203_0002.jpg

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

sorry to hijack, but is there another music app we can use? groove is unusable via bluetooth...

I have no issues using Groove with any of my Bluetooth devices. What issue are you having? I use it with Sync in my truck, my Paradigm Soundscape, and my Braven speakers. The only time I got any sound stutter is when I was streaming and ended up in a bad service area, so the song was having to cache.

feereless

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site

I have no issues using Groove with any of my Bluetooth devices. What issue are you having? I use it with Sync in my truck, my Paradigm Soundscape, and my Braven speakers. The only time I got any sound stutter is when I was streaming and ended up in a bad service area, so the song was having to cache.

U-connect. only in groove will it skip and speed up.. pandora works fine. all my groove music is on an SD card. dunno if that matters?

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

U-connect. only in groove will it skip and speed up.. pandora works fine. all my groove music is on an SD card. dunno if that matters?

Definitely haven't experienced that. I actually keep very little music on my phone - I just add songs to playlists and let it download as it is used. Maybe try moving some music locally and see if it still happens. I haven't even put an SD card in mine yet. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I know what you are saying...
My definition is "Connection Dropout"
Music blinks out, then speeds up momentarily when it reconnects.
My phone is in My pocket, the BT receiver is on my collar, ear muffs, or hat. Not the ideal connection plane.
I imagine, if the device was off my body, say on my desk, and in line of sight of my receiver, dropout would be reduced.
This is only my guess.
This happens on all my devices, Android and Windows. I rely on the stock music players for the files on my SD card, in "Today's" case I am using Groove.

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I am having issues with any music on an SD card. I got the fastest card possible (PNY 64GB U3) and whenever I play music it stutters or 'glitches' - usually at 30-45 seconds into the song, then randomly after that. This is whether I am listening on headphones or over Bluetooth. Copying the file to internal storage makes the glitches stop.

Given this, and the other reports users have of crashing apps when saving files or apps to the SD card, my guess is there is a bug in the way W10M is handling removable storage reads.

feereless

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I know what you are saying...
My definition is "Connection Dropout"
Music blinks out, then speeds up momentarily when it reconnects.
My phone is in My pocket, the BT receiver is on my collar, ear muffs, or hat. Not the ideal connection plane.
I imagine, if the device was off my body, say on my desk, and in line of sight of my receiver, dropout would be reduced.
This is only my guess.
This happens on all my devices, Android and Windows. I rely on the stock music players for the files on my SD card, in "Today's" case I am using Groove.

just to prove you wrong.. lol..
if this was the case then pandora wouldnt work... but it does :)

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
just to prove you wrong.. lol..
if this was the case then pandora wouldnt work... but it does :)
I dont use Pandora or other streaming service, so you could be right.
In my case I can duplicate my results, which dictate where my phone should be in relation to my receiver.
One thing I know for sure, BT music streaming has not improved in the last 5 years, as I expected it would with BT 4.x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon