Groove Mobile won't remember "now playing"

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice that Groove "forgets" what is in the line up in the Now Playing screen?

I generally random shuffle all my music, listen for a while, pause (have to do something), and when I go back to Groove, the Now Playing list is empty. Am I alone with this issue? It's a bit frustrating.

When it does remember what was playing, when I go back to Groove, it always brings up the All Songs list, instead of just going straight the Now Playing screen (the old music player did that in WP8.1). I know I can press the album art shown at the bottom of the screen of the current song that is paused, but it isn't very efficient IMHO.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. Groove has to log in to my MS account, which takes quite a while, before it "remembers" what was in the lineup.

Still frustrating though.

Vladimir Ka

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Not having Now Playing screen as default is the most annoying thing I've ever seen..

I'm pretty sure WP7 never killed your "music stream" and when you press play in the car via Bluetooth connection, it would just start the app and play music.
Now that doesnt work and I have to open the app and do my music selection instead of just pressing Play.
Or if I want to switch to a new song and while doing something, lets say running, cant click tiny "Next" buttons.. After just a few seconds the top sliding menu goes away.. and even if I unlock the phone, I still have to try and press tiny buttons in the app..
It was so much easier to just swipe the whole "Now Playing" screen..

Why is Albums screen default? Who listens to just one album all day? At least should made it "Playlists"...

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You're preaching to the choir.

The user interface for Groove, really should be used as "What NOT to do" for designing apps. It's horrible. I though Xbox music was bad, but I want it back now (still want the Zune interface though).

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I guess I'm in exactly the opposite end of the wishlist spectrum here with my 640 LTE. Groove doesn't seem to have any problem remembering my playlist, or whatever album I was listening to. But once it's done with the list there doesn't seem to be a way to clear the now playing controls from the bottom of the screen. Even rebooting the phone will bring these controls back up. It used to disappear after the playlist/album was finished, but not anymore.

pcwilliams

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
i'm finding groove mobile via bluetooth in my vehicle does not pause the current song when i place or receive a phone call. Is anyone else experiencing that? I am on WP10, btw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett