Offline only library on Windows 10 mobile

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a Groove Pass subscription, but I do have my entire music library backed up to my OneDrive storage. The Xbox Music app for Windows Phone 8.1 had an option to turn off streaming, but I can't seem to find a similar setting in the Groove app for Windows 10 Mobile. I prefer playing music from local storage rather than streaming for two reasons:

1. No worries about the stream being interrupted in low cellular coverage areas or when going out of range of Wi-Fi.

2. I can control what music I have synced with my phone while leaving the OneDrive music library as is. I typically shuffle all music, but don't want to hear Christmas songs mixed in out of season, which happens often when streaming music from my OneDrive collection.

TRON0314

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
You have to click "Refine" and select "Available Offline". It'll show all your DL'd content that is on your phone/card. So you have to manuallyl what albums from OneDrive you want, or create a playlist and select the available offline option for that.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I was just sure that if the option was there that it would be found in the app settings, so I didn't even look at refining the library that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro