Groove on Desktop Runtime Broker eats CPU, what can I do?

MadeInLondon

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Groove on Desktop Runtime Broker eats CPU

Hi everyone

I would really like to like groove on PC - it's working just fine on my phone.
I am using it to play music stored in Onedrive/synced to my local harddisk. it finds it just fine, indexes it and everything. I can play it, no problem.
The problem, however, is, that whenever I start Groove on PC, it starts eating up CPU, alongside with a process called "Runtime Broker". After a few minutes it is only Runtime Broker eating away at like 30-50% CPU, for no apparent reason.

Have any of you experienced something similar? Have any of you been able to fix this?
It is already posted in Feedback, multiple times.
I have tried a clean boot, did not help.
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Groove with a reboot inbetween, didn't help.

I am really annoyed at this and would praise anyone who has some pointers as to how to fix this.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Groove on Desktop Runtime Broker eats CPU

Follow this post. I hope it helps. Maybe your OS image has corrupted permissions. Try tweaking.com's Windows Repair All In One and apply repair accordingly. If you've W10 ISO file, you could initiate image repair using DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:repairSource\install.wim /LimitAccess (I thank Windows Central for posting this command which helped repair OS image)

MadeInLondon

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I finally did get fsc working after using a Tool which runs DISM and FSC for you - normal cmd just did not work for me, even though I specified the source it always claimed it didn't find it.
So the image is fine - yet the problem still occurs.

It is hogging CPU, not RAM, by the way, but thanks for the link!

drmodify

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes I get those too, read that it's one drive and groove that have a problem, someone disabled one drive and voila Runtime broker was gone. After all the advices IMO it's windows 10 that has a bug so guess we just have to wait for an update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss