Groove Music & One Drive Syncing

MosFan27

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have 3 separate users on one PC. My main user account has all my music synced to one Drive Music folder and groove music app finds the music and plays it. I have shared the music folder with the other 2 users who have added the shared folder to their one drive accounts. All has synced fine. The other 2 users cannot however choose the shared music folder in their groove app as it is not the default Music folder set up by one drive. Is there a way I can get Groove to recognise the shared music folder as the one to sync, without having to download the music to the PC. Groove will add a downloaded version of the folder happily but this eats up space for each user added Is it possible to move the shared folder in to the default Music Folder?

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, Groove will only read music stored in the main Music folder of OneDrive. Since you're sharing it, the files aren't stored there and won't sync with Groove. They can however do exactly what you don't want - sync the files down to the PC and then add them to Groove manually.

MosFan27

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have since got around this by syncing the one drive music files to one user on the PC and then just sharing the folder via network / homegroup so that other users can get Groove to locate that shared folder. Still not ideal but works and removes the need to sync the folder to the other users. Would be great not to have to sync the music back to the PC in the first place though! An option to select shared cloud folders would be great.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It would be great - but also possibly illegal. What's to stop someone from sharing a large collection of music to hundreds/thousands of people, who can then just stream off the shared OneDrive account?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)