Groove App not shuffling all music correctly

BrunelloMagni

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been having this issue since Xbox Music and I don't think MS has solved it. Whenever I try to shuffle a playlist, instead of shuffling the whole content of it, Groove only does a certain amount. For example. I have a 2700+ songs playlist and Groove only shuffles till artists that begin with the letter "F".

I have tried everything, from picking a song from the bottom of the list to unshuffling and then shuffling and nothing seems to work.

Do you guys know of any solution?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been having this issue since Xbox Music and I don't think MS has solved it. Whenever I try to shuffle a playlist, instead of shuffling the whole content of it, Groove only does a certain amount. For example. I have a 2700+ songs playlist and Groove only shuffles till artists that begin with the letter "F".

I have tried everything, from picking a song from the bottom of the list to unshuffling and then shuffling and nothing seems to work.

Do you guys know of any solution?

what would happen if you remove half of the songs? especially those that begin with letters A-F? Would shuffle then work? And if it does work for all the rest of the songs, would it work after you add back the songs you removed?

BrunelloMagni

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Just tried that and it didn't work. It's been the same since 8.1 and I changed my phone a month ago to a 950 and it's been the same thing. Have been looking for solutions and have found nothing...

640xxxl

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Create playlist and add all songs there, it's only way that works me. Asked girl behind Groove team about this, ofc never got response.

BrunelloMagni

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Create playlist and add all songs there, it's only way that works me. Asked girl behind Groove team about this, ofc never got response.

Ok, so I have to manually select all 2700 + songs and create the playlist there? Damn, that's a lot of work but in the end worth it. Thanks a lot!

BrunelloMagni

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
So I tried doing so and I have found what the issue is. Groove won't let you make playlists of over 1000 items (or songs) so if you have a longer playlist like myself it will only mix the first 1000 songs.
I've had the same issue since WP8 but thought that they would fix it by now.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So I tried doing so and I have found what the issue is. Groove won't let you make playlists of over 1000 items (or songs) so if you have a longer playlist like myself it will only mix the first 1000 songs.
I've had the same issue since WP8 but thought that they would fix it by now.

well, how many people do you know that have a playlist of over 1000 songs? You're the first I've heard of :grincry:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
As much as I like music on the go... I hardly kept more than 250-300 songs on my 830... don't make playlist either. I just find it more convenient to compile tracks into folders (70s, 80s, ambient, Daniel Lanois, entire albums, etc) on my PC, then copy it over to my phone. There are apps that do play songs by folders... Just my preference ..

BrunelloMagni

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
well, how many people do you know that have a playlist of over 1000 songs? You're the first I've heard of :grincry:

I know several, my song collection is nothing too impressive (around 8 thousand songs), so if I just want to play the music I like, I need to make a playlist, and spotify or similar don't have all the music I own.

BrunelloMagni

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
As much as I like music on the go... I hardly kept more than 250-300 songs on my 830... don't make playlist either. I just find it more convenient to compile tracks into folders (70s, 80s, ambient, Daniel Lanois, entire albums, etc) on my PC, then copy it over to my phone. There are apps that do play songs by folders... Just my preference ..

I prefer ordering my files differently, and having so many songs would mean a lot of work to arrange them that way. Thanks for the suggestion though