03-21-2017 06:40 PM
145 1234 ...
tools
    perfect folded player app for those who groove creates problems.
    http://www.google.hr/url?q=https://w...haEWqvbgsONxdg
    05-23-2016 11:51 AM
    Did signing off temporarily and restarting the app solve the issue? Also, try disable auto fetch of audio tags in settings.
    05-23-2016 12:09 PM
    The problem is, Groove ignores your tags and invents its own. That may work for many popular songs, but it breaks others. My music library is perfectly tagged. After Groove reindex everything, some Albums are correct, but many incorrect. A total mess.

Core Player and some others don't mess with tags, and this is the recommended way to play local media.

Groove can stream your music from Onedrive, but again it retaggs everything building a faulty index. Same thing happens with Groove for iOS.

They want to be clever, but they mess up badly.
    05-23-2016 12:21 PM
    Microsoft have a habbit of taking something great then breaking it, rushing round trying to patch it then give up and release something inferior. Just copy Zune!!
    negative1ne likes this.
    05-23-2016 01:26 PM
    @wgrs, you are exactly right. So is @ChristopherLindsay - Zune had it right, period. I am METICULOUS about curating my metadata for EVERY song on EVERY album. Groove totally pees on it. Even if the setting is configured to NOT grab the album data from Microsoft, Groove completely screws it up or, as bad, shows nothing. Why is this such a difficult thing? Just have the app give you a choice between grabbing metadata from the cloud or read that tags. I'll always have it read my tags because I KNOW THEY'RE CORRECT.
    05-23-2016 02:18 PM
    I dropped Groove. I really wanted to like it and I gave it two years...but I am out.
    YeahRrright and dgr_874 like this.
    05-23-2016 02:35 PM
    Personally, I thought that having my music on my phone was the best option but thats not how Microsoft apparently sees it. I recently, deleted all music from my SD Card with the exception of those tracks that cannot be streamed. Everything else I put in OneDrive (which I didn't want to do to save data). As a result, many of the issues I was having are now gone even the ridiculous non syncing issue.
    Captain_Eric and Matt1971 like this.
    05-23-2016 02:48 PM
    It's fine on mobile. It is horrendous on PC.
    05-23-2016 02:52 PM
    One other suggestion to help with sync issues:

I was having an issue with the groove PC app using my OneDrive\Music location as the default location. Seems to confuse the app since it's already set to read from that location and this is essentially telling it to check twice. I removed the default location and a lot of the sync issues went away (even on the phone).

Unfortunately groove keeps adding back the default location in settings so I just avoid using the PC app altogether, stick with the web app. Long story short don't set the default music location for the groove app on your PC to onedrive/music.
    05-23-2016 02:56 PM
    Someone suggested, "Everybody here who has an issue with Groove, please give MS feedback on the problem. Squeaky wheels don't get grease if they aren't heard."

Don't waste your breath, keystrokes or time. Microsoft isn't listening to anyone who has problems with Groove Music. They have no clue. Call tech support and they ask what console you are using Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

I've given up.

They win.

I'm not buying it anymore.

Good luck to anyone who wants to keep trying.

Bill B
    05-23-2016 03:18 PM
    On my pc my metadata works,all albums pics and artist images are present but copy same music same metadata to my lumia 950xl and many images and pics are missing
    05-23-2016 03:23 PM
    I have not had an issue with the music app/service since i moved all my songs to one drive. Albums and songs are recognized properly...maybe i'm just lucky
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    05-23-2016 03:42 PM
    I have not had an issue with the music app/service since i moved all my songs to one drive. Albums and songs are recognized properly...maybe i'm just lucky
    Count me as lucky also. Works great for me.

Sent from my Surface 3
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    05-23-2016 04:35 PM
    try to remove and re add the one drive folders maybe?
    to me the only bad thing about groove was the times it got stuck and needed to restart my phone but it got fixed now sync and everything work perfectly it even displays my custom ablums with my own pictures names etc.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    05-23-2016 04:59 PM
    I use the app on Windows 10 (Lumia 640) and although I wouldn't say I love the app, it does seem to work for me.

This includes finding music I've uploaded to OneDrive, plus music I've coped locally to a Music folder on my SD card. I generally use AAC and WMA btw, if that helps - I had actually added about 10 albums locally to the SD card earlier today, fired up Groove and it added those new albums almost immediately.

The PC app also seems to work, although in that case I use it only on OneDrive - it's too basic a player for my needs on my PC.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    05-23-2016 07:18 PM
    Im like you. It has worked across all my devices, it even plays wma files.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    05-23-2016 08:12 PM
    Groove needs to compete with Spotify. Spotify has student discount of 50% off. I tried asking them to see if they'll match the price and they said no. I could basically just pirate songs, but with a great deal from Spotify, I just don't pirate anymore. its so much faster to just search and stream. If microsoft could just copy their method because I cannot stand spotify's UI.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-23-2016 08:27 PM
    The sub-par music experience was one of the main reasons I bought a Galaxy. Couldn't be happier. One thing I will say to w10m's credit is that the swipe keyboard is MUCH better than Android. That's about it .
    Greg Wenzler likes this.
    05-23-2016 09:01 PM
    Windows Phone has probably the worst music player in the history of music players! Even the alternative ones in the Store are useless. For me seamless music play in the most important. I've bared it with W8.1M but in W10M its horrible. Made the decision to switch to a Xperia X once its released.
    which is why i have stuck with zune music since 7.5, and have no plans of EVER switching to any other music program.

music is one of the main things i use for my phone, and it was near perfect with ZUNE ever since 7.5

no point in switching to an os or versions that don't work, have bugs, or problems.

music playback and synching, was an issue that was solved a long time ago.

they are basically inventing the wheel over and over again, and not doing a good job of it.

later
    05-23-2016 10:32 PM
    200GB Sandisk in my 950XL. Its almost full of music, music videos, and even a few 1080p movies. Plays flawlessly in Groove.
    Never "purchase" music!
    Never put music in the cloud!

I love adjusting the 5.1 bluetooth speaker volume, and skipping songs with the Band 2 on my wrist.
    Shuffle and skip are my friends.

I can only afford groove radio a few times a year, when my Bing surfing points add up enough for a free 90 days.(and only on WIFI)

Posted from the Continuum.
    Last edited by Mike Semblance; 05-24-2016 at 12:13 AM.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    05-24-2016 12:02 AM
    Just too many complaints and too many (and for too complicated) solutions are being offered. Here is my experience.
    First and foremost, I am considered a windows phone 'fanboy' by those around me because I just the OS so very much on my mobile.
    I really loved the default music and videos hub on 8.1. I never even thought of trying any other music player and often used to wonder why do others do so, if the native app is so good.
    Then I upgraded to windows 10, got groove music as default and life began to take turn for the worse. Firstly, it did not recognize any songs and I was horrified if I have lost all my 1500 plus songs. Luckily that was not the case, just that groove could not 'scan'' those. True to my nature, I looked for possible solutions and I found one. It took nearly half a day (maybe the 640XL processor is slow for such tasks) to scan all but it did. However, it did not find my playlists. So I created a couple that I really need: one for my car and other of just rock songs. It went well for sometime, but then I received an 'update' for Groove. Then again, no songs. after trying a few things now I have about 16 songs out of close to 1600.
    To make matters worse, groove does not support a Microsoft sign-in here in India. Most forums suggested I link it to my PC, have the groove app there and then try and resolve issue. but guess what? I DO NOT LISTEN TO SONGS ON MY LAPTOP. I firmly believe that MS totally forgot/ignored this fact while designing a player for mobile. They had something for the PC, which they transported to mobile space without sparing a thought on how people use it for the mobile. What is absolutely unimaginable is that they did it alright before groove. They simply killed something that had no issues and replaced with a crappy app like groove.
    But I love windows, so am not switching platforms just for this. However, I love my music and that is probably the most used feature outside of calling and whats-app. So I tried a few third party music players. They are not great, but do the job. I am using Music+ right now. It surprised me by revealing the playlists I created in 8.1 and believed to have lost them for good. The only thing I don't like now on my mobile is that I am unable to uninstall groove music. I just don't to waste even a milli-second looking at it.
    curseoftheninja likes this.
    05-24-2016 12:37 AM
    05-24-2016 12:58 AM
    I see no reset or sync option.
    05-24-2016 12:58 AM
    Everybody here who has an issue with Groove, please give MS feedback on the problem. Squeaky wheels don't get grease if they aren't heard.
    I've lost count and how much feedback I've given on this thing.
    05-24-2016 01:20 AM
    Totally agree, Groove is garbage:
    * when I tap shuffle it shows one song and plays another
    * it randomly stops playing
    * any command to play something via Cortana is taking forever and chances I will have to reboot the phone
    * live tile is often stuck on one artist/song and not updating
    * inconsistent menu appearance (sometimes NOW PLAYING is showing, sometimes it is not)

All I want to say is MSFT dropped the ball on this one and is consistently not picking it up. I left so much feedback about Groove, but nothing is being done.

I will be using my Lumia 1520 for another year probably, before it will be time to get a new phone, and although I used to love Windows, I will be looking in to Android options, because I am tired to compromise my experience. If within a year (and that is a lot of time), MSFT will not polish the OS to perfection, where every single small details is flawless, what is the point of having no apps and sub-par mobile phone?
    05-24-2016 02:11 AM
145 1234 ...