I am completely over groove music!

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
On android but left Groove about 3 months ago and haven't looked back. Could deal with shortcomings when I was getting Groove for $50 a year but when they didn't do the holiday sale this year made it easier. Honestly, just been a lot happier with Spotify even though I prefer the animations of Groove app.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I just checked and verified that album artist and artist not matching has no affect on the missing music I have in Groove. Songs that match and don't match are missing. I have two SD cards. All my music is on both. I just copy one to the other every few weeks to keep them up to date with each other. The SD card in my surface book works fine with the desktop version of Groove. All of my music shows up there. The songs on my SD (the exact same songs) in my 1520 do not show up in my groove mobile app.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't really "get" Groove Music, but from what I can tell it's mainly, or perhaps exclusively, a cloud-based service. Is that right? I do keep my music in OneDrive, but I prefer to play music stored locally on the SD card. Groove doesn't appear to do that, or if it does I haven't figured out how.

I have a lot of songs on my SD card and the Groove Music app plays them fine

seanlacey

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
had major problems a while back and then wiped everything on the phone and in groove library

hard reset
deleted all music from sd card and phone
moved all one drive music to a new folder

then start again(get your OS upto to the version you want wthout running groove on the phone)
gradually add music(a few albums) to the sd card and or one drive(synch) and wait for it to appear in Groove
make sure everything works across all aspects, pass, sd card, one drive and synching between all. Only then add more music in.
you shouldn't have to but you need to reset everything.

michael Otlowski

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I must agree with the OP, Groove music just stinks. I have been a long time pass subscriber but the app instability may make me cancel my subscription. Actually it is a lot more stable on my 5S--go figure, WP10 sucks.

lewminous

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I will say that I have my problems with Groove Music from time to time...but it works well enough for me. I like being able to upload all my music to One Drive. The other day I was trying to finally finish uploading all my music and every other album or so was missing art & at times were sorted into multiple albums... After being frustrated with no solutions, I gave up. The next day all my albums displayed correctly & have had no issues. I'm guessing that's due to the Metadata auto retrieve & update option being on...

But with that said, Zune was my player/service of choice for years & I really miss it. I don't see Groove being successful anytime soon. No one seems to know or care that it exists. Talking to my friends, I feel awkward when it comes up in conversation with Spotify, Google Play or even Tidal.

Also, there are certain artists that either take an extremely long time to make their music available to stream if at all or even purchase... I try to avoid itunes altogether...but if I want to support the artist & buy, I oftentimes have to buy it elsewhere & upload it to One Drive. While if I purchase directly from the Microsoft store, it shows in my collection automatically.

REMEMBER Zune's social features with friends! It clearly counted plays & you earned badges/achievements for artist plays, etc. Good times!

PBarrette

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
On android but left Groove about 3 months ago and haven't looked back. Could deal with shortcomings when I was getting Groove for $50 a year but when they didn't do the holiday sale this year made it easier. Honestly, just been a lot happier with Spotify even though I prefer the animations of Groove app.
The holiday special was THE reason I've had Groove/Xbox Music the last several years. With that deal apparently a thing of the past, and Spotify having such an inexpensive family plan, it does look like it's time to switch. I'll simply wait until my Groove expires.

Michael Rivers

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My Groove subscription is paid up until Pi day next year. For $31.41, Groove is good on PC and Xbox One and absolutely terrible on Android, but still a great deal compared to the competition. But as of March 14 next year, if there isn't a similar deal, Groove is the absolute worst choice compared to all the competitors at the same price. I'll be jumping ship to Spotify or Apple Music. Apple Music is the only one that gives a damn about classical music, so that's probably where I'll go.

polychromenz

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
i have tried Groove, Spotify premium (for years) and now Google music. They all lack anything but fairly mainstream music. SO far though Google is the best as it runs on everything i have including SONOS and they just cut my price form $12.99 PM to $9.99 and threw in YouTube Red (ad free YouTube which is soooo nice)

your milage may vary but i think its worth the effort to try a few

Lagur

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Subscriber for around 4 months already and liking it so far. Yes, I have huge collection of mp3 as well, used to move the files around (main storage, sdcard, onedrive), streaming online and onedrive, synching collection and playlist between my pc and phone.

I guess I'm just one of the few lucky ones who never experience any issues, maybe except that text marquee when playing next song but it's already fixed on the release preview.

No one will stop you if want to jump ship but if you're describing this like the worst software then for me it's really hard to believe.

Last edited:

Potzy2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to beat the dead horse named Zune once more. That program had no problem managing my music. Groove has nothing but. Dupes of albums, splitting albums up arbitrarily, hang ups, etc. This is on windows phone, ios, and pc. They never talk to one another so playlist exist only on one device at a time. The Christmas sweetheart deal always make me give it one more chance, but despite the support staff's promises, it is still the same clunky, piee of crap music manager it always has been. I donlt see them ever improving it. They know peope are already set in iTunes (not much better, but fuctions better), Spotify, or Google Music. I think what we have now is what we are always going to have. Sometimes I notice an update the the app, and I launch it thinking, "This is it. It'll finally shuffle my music smoothly and not freeze after five racks, or start repeating the same track over and over again." But then it freezes, crashes, and goes into a deep coma only yo be awaken with a hard reset.

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, Zune was way ahead of it times both hardware and software. MS achieved the perfect combo there and it's been downhill eversince and now Groove is at the nadir.

I cannot simply understand how MS can go from being on the peak of Music experience to the depths of pathetic Groove experience. Heck even 7.5/7.8 & 8.0 had much better stable player than 8.1/10.

That said, I have about 23g of music locally and still it's Groove which will catalog it the fastest...none of the apps in the Windows store comes close the that experience.:eck:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo