I am completely over groove music!

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, Zune was way ahead of it times both hardware and software. MS achieved the perfect combo there and it's been downhill eversince and now Groove is at the nadir.

I cannot simply understand how MS can go from being on the peak of Music experience to the depths of pathetic Groove experience. Heck even 7.5/7.8 & 8.0 had much better stable player than 8.1/10.

for $40, i was able to replace my windows 7.5 phone, with another and use it exclusively for music.

it's actually easier that way than getting a new phone that costs more, but does less, and doesn't work as well for me.

later

mpjones

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Ive started creating a UWP to help me with this, it cant get the tags right for S. The images are stored in the wrong tag too.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Just read this thread and have to agree with the overall theme...groove music sux badly. I left Spotify a year ago to give groove a try and it is nothing short of horrible. Ok, to be fair it's decent on Xbox and the desktop version is cool, but on mobile it sux harder than Apple Maps. I've been a Windows Phone fan since day 1 but frankly Microsoft do not deserve brand loyalty when they provide us with mediocre phones with which to try and use mediocre apps like groove. Microsoft, you suck

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The only thing for me about groove that's legit annoying is that, after the first five times of using it, it will NEVER stay on the 'now playing' screen when I re-open the app. It always crashes to the artist list. They said they fixed this well in the past and they never did, and it's still going on after all these overhaul updates. Annoying.

Mine does this too!

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
When I first made this post I had no idea it grow this much. I came from an iphone 4 to a lumia 1520 with w8.1 and truth be told it wasn't perfect but it was good. W10 has a lot of improvements but if it can't get something as simple as playing the music on my SD card right then why am I even on this platform? I don't think I'm going to change out my phone right now but when I'm ready to upgrade I'll definitely be considering going android or back to iphone, which really sucks because i find iphone to be very limited for production compared to windows phone (the reason I left).

HappyBuddhaman

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I spent more time trying to FIX Groove than listening to actual music. Groove is a disaster that MS is completely ignoring. I went Android and now use Media Monkey with a subscription to Google music (here's an idea MS, ever hear of a FAMILY PLAN?!?!). I buy little digital music though, as a CD ripped in FLAC sounds better than anything downloaded.

I'll never go back, there is only so much a consumer can take before they call it quits.

Last edited:

markears

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I like a lot about Groove but after getting a 650 with WP10 I'm giving up and getting an iPhone and not renewing - all due to one bug. I play an LP and it stops at the end of each track. So it's not safe to use when I drive, it's disruptive when I work and just not a good experience.
Funny that I wanted to go to WP10 to get gapless playback and instead I get this one track then stop bug.

Last edited:

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Windows just can't seem to execute a polished product. Like the roads and motorways of England, there's always roadwork's and potholes - nothing's ever finished or complete. It's like Windows are lazy and don't care...its not about winning the race all the time, but just staying in it with a polished and stable product, reliable and a pleasure to use.

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I spent more time trying to FIX Groove than listening to actual music. Groove is a disaster that MS is completely ignoring. I went Android and now use Media Monkey with a subscription to Google music (here's an idea MS, ever hear of a FAMILY PLAN?!?!). I buy little digital music though, as a CD ripped in FLAC sounds better than anything downloaded.

I'll never go back, there is only so much a consumer can take before they call it quits.

On Android try using Cloud Music Player. It works amazingly with Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox etc. and it does not require borked licensing nor does it require a subscription.

unsterblich

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Groove would be SOOOOOOOOO much better if they listened to not only the Windows Feedback ideas but decided to take a VERY worthy card out of their pocket which is the fluidity of the Zune interface. Even with Windows 10 I still use Zune software because it is the Microsoft end-all-be-all music (tag) editing/listening software. If they were to ACTUALLY LISTEN to their USERS they would realize a return to Zune features could be a HUGE boost in numbers. Seriously. WHY THE HELL can't Groove Music rip CD's? If I wanted a sub-par music experience, I'll stick to WMP. But to taint Groove? I love you Microsoft, but GET A GRIP. FFS.

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
xbox music was so much better
groove sucks, it?s always been a problem since I installed W10 for the first time.

As far as I am aware Groove is Xbox Music with another name and the only changes apart from the name have been updates.

If you have a problem it is more likely to be database issues or a W10/setup issue although as stated my 1520 on 10 works well as does my lads 930 and my wife's 830 all using Groove on 10.

The only issues I have ever had with Groove/Xbox music was, I made a mistake when I first set it up on a PC and had a circular reference to where music (On a network) was stored and then when I tried to "Dump" too much music onto it in one go and the database went wobbly.

And when I went Redstone builds (So I got out of Insiders).

I would say that like doing a hard reset on a phone, the best way to cure Groove music issues is to consider doing a fresh "Install" of your music across all devices using the web site as your reference and take it easy, make sure it works at each step, so put in your local files, then OneDrive, then your Groove pass stuff.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
To note as some said it...Xbox Music windows app is actually pretty good...xbox app as well. But majority of music listening is on my phone and the android app just wasn't up to snuff. I'm sure they'll get there but I am not going to keep handing over money while they figure it out.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
There's a new Groove app. I just loaded it today and it had to rebuild the library. Seems more mouse-friendly. And they polished the UI. They keep improving it.

They finally added the ability to repeat an individual track. Can't believe that was taken away when Groove debuted on Windows 10. But it's back now. Before, you had to right-click on a song and choose play in order to play just the single track.

I can't think of a better way to get music for $30/year for almost unlimited music. Yeah, I got it on a sale. But even at full price, it's cheaper than the alternatives.

I do wish that it was 5 devices instead of 4. I've run into that problem.

sikurunana

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Had a Groove update on W10M today, and I updated it.

In the action menu, when changing songs, the artist is not shown anymore. Only the song name, and its still buggy. What are they doing? >_<

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
There's no way people use Windows Phones over at Microsoft. I just can't believe under any circum stance that they were actively using these phones with these types of bugs present.

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I was mowing the lawn today, listening to an album with my headphones on... Twice the music stopped FOR NO REASON??? I had to stop the mower; get the device out of my pocket, take off my gloves, put in my password; try and read the screen in glaring sunlight; figure out the problem; fix the problem; (although in both cases, the album had just stopped for no reason) get the mower going again; and then it would get to the end of another song; and STOP again!!

I am getting BORED of this sodding device!!!! I'm sorry to say this -- but i never had any of these problems when I used to listen to my Apple iPod...

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft need to headhunt from Spotify like their business depended on it if they're going to get groove into a good place. Between the awful user interface and seemingly endless bugginess it's the worst steaming service by far. It makes Apple Maps look genius by comparison

Lagur

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I used groove app and subscriber for 4 months and so far my experience is good and it's getting better with the continuous updates. What I really hate is that I'm tired of waiting of Family Plan to show up... so here I am using Spotify.

(I feel like MS is going to read my post and already seriously considering Family Plan)

My experience in Spotify is.... ok so far. I like the UI of Groove better because of robust and simpler design. There are also 2 albums that are region locked in my country but I can live that as I have my backup mp3 albums and Family Plan is the main reason I'm trying out Spotify.

My questions are...
- how do I play my mp3 files to Spotify app in Win10Mobile?
- Is there a workaround to region locked albums?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo