New update: Message states "Clear Your Filter" for Lost Songs

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
There has been an update to Groove Music!!! At Last!!! On some of my albums that have A LOT of tracks (e.g one of them has 89 tracks) I suddenly noticed yesterday that I'm getting the missing songs that we were all talking about... Well there seems to be a fix (of sorts)!! I am getting a message in the middle of the screen with a round white circle, and an "i" in the middle of the circle (presumably for "information")... Anyway the message says "Some of your music is hidden. To see everything, clear your filter", and when I tap on the message to "clear the filter" it brings up ALL of the hidden songs on the album!

Sometimes you have to really TAP hard on the "Clear the filter" message with your finger to get it to work, as its ever so slow! But its a step in the right direction.... I am not sure what its doing technically -- but my guess is that it has to retrieve all of the hidden songs from the Micro SD card?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have seen the message and I understood it only came up if I had a filter like show OneDrive songs etc.

So I just go to the filter and reset to show all.

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I have seen the message and I understood it only came up if I had a filter like show OneDrive songs etc.

So I just go to the filter and reset to show all.

Sorry I don't know what you mean? I'm very thick when it comes to this Windows Phone. So can you tell me where this filter is in Dummy Type Language??

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just setting up my new 950XL so can't get to it for an hour or so but you can filter any list (Artist, Album or Song) by ALL, Streaming, OneDrive etc.

Will do a proper how to when I can get on my new phone.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
If you open Groove and are on Albums you should see (In your chosen highlight colour) Refine: Date added, All, All genres or other words like that.

Click on those words and the filter options show up so you can sort by A to Z, Artist, Release year and Date added.

Next down you can chose the Filter that shows All, Available offline, Streaming etc.

You can do the same for Artists and Songs.

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Bob... That has "sort of" worked -- although I still have a bunch of albums that are coming up twice; and also a heck of a lot of albums where it only shows one track -- or two tracks.. It is in a bit of a mess I have to say... And I'm currently going through it album by album, one at a time - and trying to sort it out! It has to be the most user "unfriendly" thing I've ever used.

But thank you very much for sorting me out and getting it to "show" every track, in every album.. . (although it begs the question -- why on EARTH would somebody want an album to only show up a few random tracks????)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I had a few problems when I first set up Groove (When it was Xbox Music), I "Dumped" a couple of hundred albums on it and I didn't realise I had a circular reference on a PC that went to a network drive and it caused all sorts of problems as the software tried to sort it all out.

I have found Groove doesn't like large databases of local music presented in one go, it really doesn't like circular references.

So I started again but took the time to understand (Sort of) how it worked with local and music pass music, so I sorted out where each device looked for music locally, then added maybe 10 albums, got that lot working across all devices then added more, finally added in the Groove music pass stuff. Groove does try to match albums against it's own database and this can cause issues if it can't find a match (In it's opinion).

I now have 500 plus albums made up of a few I have purchased through the store, several more on OneDrive, but I have replaced most with music pass stuff (I still have my original MP3's just in case and only use OneDrive for albums I can't replicate with the pass for example King Crimson).

With about 7000 songs on 4 devices all downloaded to each for offline listening, the same number on each device, all the albums and artists pictures show up with one exception (Let it be naked doesn't show album art, the non naked version is fine). The whole lot replicates to my Xbox One as well (This is hooked up to my Hi-Fi).

What I found was particular albums for example "Quadrophenia" by the Who, the version I had was with several bonus tracks from the film so it counted as a Various Artists album rather than the Who's classic original release and caused it to split into two albums to boot. As I had the music pass I just deleted the "Wrong" one and download it from Groove and it sorted itself out.

I have had so few problems since I rebuilt it at the start, and when I have, I have found having the web login facility to act as my "Master" reference very handy.

By using the filters you can see what songs/albums haven't download on one device properly and sort it out easily and keep the thing sweet across each device.

For me it was well worth sorting it out and in some ways it's a bit like the way we used to sort out vinyl collections, constantly re-referencing the collection.

Not saying any of that is helping you, but to me Groove has been fantastic, I am listening to stuff I wouldn't have, finding old friends (Albums) that I had forgotten about and because it's all paid for with the music pass, new stuff I wouldn't have bought if I had to buy the CD.

If I was starting out with it now, I wouldn't use locally stored albums, I would put all my ripped CD's on OneDrive, get that lot sorted and then add the pass and as mentioned keeping an eye on the totals (Songs and albums via the web version) to make sure it's working properly.

EDIT: Because Groove tries to match it's database, you do see some albums where tracks aren't available to download because of copyright, if Groove thinks your album is one of those it could be that is why some tracks are missing, yet sitting right next to it in the Groove catalogue is a re-mastered copy where the tracks are available, maybe worth a look, and also check your settings on each device, this used to be more critical than now but still worth a look.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos