Playing different song than shown

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I mostly listen to music from my phone on shuffle when in my car. I first noticed this issue while taking a weekend road trip last week. A few times when I tried to start a new selection of music by tapping the "Shuffle all" option, Groove would start playing a different song than was shown on the Now Playing screen. I could not skip forward to the next track. The only play control I could use was Play/Pause. If I used the phone's back button and selected "Shuffle all" again, it would generate a newly shuffled playlist and operate normal.

Yesterday, my phone did the same thing as described above, but I noticed another related oddity that I hadn't previously seen. When I pressed a volume key and the ribbon pops up to show the volume control and the current track, it was listing a completely different song and artist than both the actual song playing and the Now Playing screen inside the Groove app. The Groove live tile matched the artist listed on that ribbon.

Backing out from the Now Playing and reshuffling music or selecting a new album or track to play still corrects the issue, but this behavior seems very strange.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I mostly listen to music from my phone on shuffle when in my car. I first noticed this issue while taking a weekend road trip last week. A few times when I tried to start a new selection of music by tapping the "Shuffle all" option, Groove would start playing a different song than was shown on the Now Playing screen. I could not skip forward to the next track. The only play control I could use was Play/Pause. If I used the phone's back button and selected "Shuffle all" again, it would generate a newly shuffled playlist and operate normal.

Yesterday, my phone did the same thing as described above, but I noticed another related oddity that I hadn't previously seen. When I pressed a volume key and the ribbon pops up to show the volume control and the current track, it was listing a completely different song and artist than both the actual song playing and the Now Playing screen inside the Groove app. The Groove live tile matched the artist listed on that ribbon.

Backing out from the Now Playing and reshuffling music or selecting a new album or track to play still corrects the issue, but this behavior seems very strange.

it happens now and then - I have also noticed it - I think groove needs to be able to run in the background

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss