Groove's faliure to recognize Mutiple/Featured Artists is maddening

NairobiWP

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Groove currently doesn't not correctly recognize songs with featured / multiple artists. eg "Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind" will not show the background art of Jay-Z (the main artist) nor will it allow you directly select Alicia Keys (the featured artist) from the Song Artist column.

As the majority of the music I listen to has featured artists (Hip-Hop, R&B, Electronica), this is very annoying as I cannot easily create a playlist that features a song with a specific artist (regardless whether they are the main or featured artist).

IMO, the Groove team made a conscious decision to ignore the "multiple/featured artist" field when they were revamping Groove, in order to reduce the complexity of coding their libraries. However, this short-sighted decision has a severe impact on the number of playlists that can be created by artist (an artist may only have 20 songs where they are the main artist, but they maybe a feature artist on another 50 songs).

I hope the Groove team can fix this problem, though I won't hold my breath as it will require them to re-index their entire music catalogue.

:angry: Arghhh!

FYI to rub salt into the wound, Windows Media Player could recognize multiple artists when song artists separated with the Semi-Colon tag

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Groove currently doesn't not correctly recognize songs with featured / multiple artists. eg "Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind" will not show the background art of Jay-Z (the main artist) nor will it allow you directly select Alicia Keys (the featured artist) from the Song Artist column.

As the majority of the music I listen to has featured artists (Hip-Hop, R&B, Electronica), this is very annoying as I cannot easily create a playlist that features a song with a specific artist (regardless whether they are the main or featured artist).

IMO, the Groove team made a conscious decision to ignore the "multiple/featured artist" field when they were revamping Groove, in order to reduce the complexity of coding their libraries. However, this short-sighted decision has a severe impact on the number of playlists that can be created by artist (an artist may only have 20 songs where they are the main artist, but they maybe a feature artist on another 50 songs).

I hope the Groove team can fix this problem, though I won't hold my breath as it will require them to re-index their entire music catalogue.

:angry: Arghhh!

FYI to rub salt into the wound, Windows Media Player could recognize multiple artists when song artists separated with the Semi-Colon tag

Latiff, is that you? :shocked:

BikerCat666

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Since the new update a few weeks ago, I've noticed the artist list doesn't show up any artwork apart from Mark Ronson yet before it was showing up loads! Is that the reason? Doesn't even show up the album art when I'm playing the songs but does in the list sometimes and it is there on my computer (I use iTunes with a 2010 MacBook). Also still annoyed about the "Unknown Artist" section hasn't been fixed I reckon this is just music you can't get on Groove but it shows up fine on computer!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs