Groove doesn't see new music

EricJennings

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Groove 3.6.2205.0 Lumia 950xl
Copied mp3s to phone (sd card) over WiFi 6 days ago. 24 hours later copied some more this time syncing from WMP. The files are all present in explorer but groove will not rescan and pick them up. I've done this loads of times and it usually does not take this long for groove to find the files.
I've even deleted some existing music to try to get a rescan - didn't help.
Rebooting the phone doesn't help either.
I do not want to reset groove because that would lose all of my playlists and some take a long time to set up

anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to get groove to rescan?

EricJennings

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I've found you can force it to rescan by going to Settings -> Sync My Music

Thanks but doesn't work for me - I don't subscribe to any music streaming services, I don't buy downloads from groove store, I don't keep music in the cloud - all of my music is CDs I have ripped and copied to my sd card. So there's nothing to sync. Tried syncing anyway but it didn't cause a rescan.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but doesn't work for me - I don't subscribe to any music streaming services, I don't buy downloads from groove store, I don't keep music in the cloud - all of my music is CDs I have ripped and copied to my sd card. So there's nothing to sync. Tried syncing anyway but it didn't cause a rescan.
Neither do I, but I've found that it'll force a rescan of the music on my SD-Card when I click it. Sorry it doesn't work for you.

EricJennings

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Oops I'm a liar. This DOES work, I just didn't give it time the first time I tried.
Press 'Sync my music' and it starts to sync. After 5 or 10 minutes I switched to album view - and that kills the sync. To get this to work, press 'sync' and stay on the settings screen. I keep touching the screen to keep the phone awake but this might not be necessary. After a couple of hours (yes hours - I have 104gb of music on a 200 GB card) it starts adding music.
A pain in the *rse, but it works. Thanks again for the tip.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Maybe add a few songs at a time instead of the whole collection at a go - probably the groove app faints on seeing the huge workload :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro