Finding "clean" songs on Groove

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hoping someone can offer some advice on this...

I have a Groove music pass and use it across all of my Microsoft devices. My 11 year old daughter also uses it on my old Lumia 1520 and surface pro 3, but lately I noticed that she hadn't used it in a couple of weeks.

I asked her why and she said that she can't find any "clean" songs to listen to. She's not wrong....

I work in construction, swearing is no biggie for me. Hell, it's just words. But I don't want my daughter developing the idea that F bombing every sentence is normal language.

A quick trip down the list of the top 50 hottest songs and it makes for some seriously awful listening. It's pretty clear that signers these days can't write a tune without using the F word at least once. And rappers seem obsessed with their multiple girlfriends licking white chocolate off of their...erm....yeah, anyway....

Obviously none of this is Microsoft's fault. They have to play the latest music to attract an audience.

But is there a setting to ensure that any music searches my child makes will come up with only clean versions of the songs?

Thanks

John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs