• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    While it seems I can set where my music is stored to SD Card (in settings->storage), I see that Groove music is filling up my precious little "device storage," which in turn makes updating my W10M on my 640XL troublesome, without deletions. So, what's happening here? When I "download" or "make available offline" where does it go? I'd like to set it for sure to my SD Card. Any insights?
    Last edited by Captain_Eric; 11-06-2016 at 11:05 PM. Reason: typos
    11-06-2016 10:27 PM
    While it seems I can set where my music is stored to SD Card (in settings->storage), I see that Groove music is filling up my precious little "device storage," which in turn makes updating my W10M on my 640XL troublesome, without deletions. So, what's happening here? When I "download" or "make available offline" where does it go? I'd like to set it for sure to my SD Card. Any insights?
    Open groove, press any song for drop-Down menu.
    Click on Properties. It'll show your song location.
    11-07-2016 12:57 AM
    Thanks. I see that. But my question really is: Why is the Groove app storage MB's in "Device Storage continually growing? Somehow it's putting something in "device storage." How can I control that?
    11-08-2016 10:29 PM
    In your phone's Settings menu, find Storage.

Swipe down to the section for music. Do you have it listed to save to the device or to SD card?
    11-21-2016 08:24 PM
    Yea, I see what you mean.

Maybe I'll come at this another way: Over time, Groove continually takes up more and more of my "device" storage.

So, even though I have set "save music" to SD card, Groove is putting something, which I believe to be music, on my device storage.

This is not a big deal. It's just that my 640 XL has small device storage, so when it comes time to update W10M (I'm now on Fast track), I need to delete stuff from device storage for the update to complete.
    Last edited by Captain_Eric; 11-21-2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason: typos
    11-21-2016 10:22 PM
    Hi, I own a 640 xl and a 64 GB SD card, in Storage my setting for New music, will save to: SD Card (D:)
    In This Device Music is 0 bytes.
    In SD Card (D:) Music is 37 GB

I have a ton of albums, most are on OneDrive, tons more on backup drives, just waiting for free time to complete my music on OneDrive and do a new backup. I got a new Seagate 4 TB external with a 200 GB of free OneDrive to put my years of Music on OneDrive and do a local backup x 2.
    Now I got buy another one to backup against ransomware. I was infected a few years ago by a crude version of ransomware, it set all my programs as locked and not readable from Windows. Damm pain to remove as no antivirus could not fix it, Backup x 3 now
    11-30-2016 04:57 PM