I often use my Windows 10 phone as the music player in my car, and I use Groove as I haven't felt the need to download any third party music apps.. I've noticed the last week that when I get in my car and try to resume music from the Groove app, it doesn't resume from where I left off. Instead, it begins to play a song that I had recently listened to, and when I check the current playlist, I find that the app has skipped back about 2 or 3 songs from where I last paused the music.

Has anyone else noticed this change lately? It hasn't happened every time I've tried to resume music playback from Groove, but it has happened at least 4 times in the past 5 days. I'm not sure if this is a glitch from a recent update or if I'm somehow skipping to previous tracks several times when I get out of the car without realizing it. I really doubt that is the case since I've been using Groove on Windows 10 mobile for about a year without ever having experienced this before.
    11-07-2016 08:33 AM
    I havent noticed that problem, I use groove for streaming stations in my car and I use it to play my stuff locally when I'm on the bus/metro on my way to work and for both ways groove has always left off where I stopped it... could it be perhaps your using the back button by accident instead of closing it by the windows? dunno just grasping at straws here maybe lol
    11-07-2016 09:18 AM
    Normally, the music is stopped either when I unplug the cable from the headphone jack or when I shut off the car, which closes the Bluetooth connection. I normally resume music by pressing the volume key and tapping the play button from the banner, but if I actually do have to open the Groove app, I usually tap the Windows key to return to the start screen and leave Groove suspended in the background. I don't use the back button in Groove unless I'm navigating within the app to search for other music.
    11-07-2016 11:09 AM
    Mine's doing the same thing - very frustrating. I open Groove - start playing music in my car over Bluetooth. I press the home button (L950) to suspend Groove. Sometimes it picks up where it left off next time I'm in the car - but sometimes it goes back to where it left off the last time I was in the car. This morning I had to skip forward about 12 songs to get back to where I left off last night.
    11-17-2016 01:18 PM
    Yeah the ap needs to have better ram management and use a little less resource on phones with 1gb of ram like on my lumia 640 xl
    11-21-2016 04:55 AM
    Yeah the ap needs to have better ram management and use a little less resource on phones with 1gb of ram like on my lumia 640 xl
    I'm having this issue on a Lumia 950 with 3GB of RAM. I don't think that is the cause of this particular issue.
    11-22-2016 09:25 AM
    Same problem here, started about one week ago :(

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...t-problem.html
    12-05-2016 11:48 AM