Groove music on Android

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Having a couple of issues with the app on Android. At times when I haven't used groove in a while it takes a long time for it to load artwork for albums and play songs sometimes up to 2 minutes. I'll hit the play button and leave the app and at times 2 minutes later it will finally play. It does this on Wi-Fi and cellular data

Also for the music controls for groove in the notification center it only has the forward and pause controls there there's no precious track button is there anyway to get this to show in the notification center?

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to help more than this but Microsoft doesn't offer groove music for everyone anyway if press the forward button for next track does it create a back button? If not you have to send a feedback to Microsoft. Side note: deezer also offer only forward button

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Sedp23
Having a couple of issues with the app on Android. At times when I haven't used groove in a while it takes a long time for it to load artwork for albums and play songs sometimes up to 2 minutes. I'll hit the play button and leave the app and at times 2 minutes later it will finally play. It does this on Wi-Fi and cellular data

Also for the music controls for groove in the notification center it only has the forward and pause controls there there's no precious track button is there anyway to get this to show in the notification center?

Dear God, Groove is AWFUL for Android. So after a certain someone pretty much forced everyone to leave for Android or possibly iOS, those of us that love Groove find out what an utter mess it is elsewhere. On Android you can't swap to change songs. You can't manually search for a song, artist, or album. So if you have thousands of songs and you want one certain one, you have to set it to list everything alphabetically, then swipe for minutes all way down the list. This wouldn't be so bad if they at least had the "jump letters" to skip through the list, but that isn't available either. What a mess.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Dear God, Groove is AWFUL for Android. So after a certain someone pretty much forced everyone to leave for Android or possibly iOS, those of us that love Groove find out what an utter mess it is elsewhere. On Android you can't swap to change songs. You can't manually search for a song, artist, or album. So if you have thousands of songs and you want one certain one, you have to set it to list everything alphabetically, then swipe for minutes all way down the list. This wouldn't be so bad if they at least had the "jump letters" to skip through the list, but that isn't available either. What a mess.
Yea it's pretty bad do have the issue with delay when playing a song it takes Mines a few minutes at time to start playing music after I've touched a song to play

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

I can't even make sense of what you're writing.

"On Android you can't swap to change songs." what does this mean?

"You can't manually search for a song, artist, or album." ??? There is a search function.

"So if you have thousands of songs and you want one certain one..." Are these songs in your OneDrive, songs available offline, songs available offline via Music Pass, songs purchased through the Windows Store, or songs streamed via Music Pass?

To paraphrase the famous statement, people help those who help themselves.

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm having the same problem. I have had to wait sometimes up to 5 minutes for the app to start playing music if I shutdown the app and start it back up. The only thing I can think of is that it is syncing the number of times you played each song as well as verifying your subscription to the service.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
There was an update for groove on Android yesterday that seems to have removed the music playback controls from the notification center now every since I updated I cannot find a way to control the music from the notification center at all

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
There was an update for groove on Android yesterday that seems to have removed the music playback controls from the notification center now every since I updated I cannot find a way to control the music from the notification center at all
Uninstall and reinstall the app. Also, try out the Microsoft next app. That let's u control the music controls from the lock screen and also has a nice widget for the home screen though this widget may be from the groove app itself.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Uninstall and reinstall the app. Also, try out the Microsoft next app. That let's u control the music controls from the lock screen and also has a nice widget for the home screen though this widget may be from the groove app itself.
Will give that a try. U have the music controls in your notification center?

Edit: thanks they helped a lot and after I reinstalled it brought back the music controls in my notification center

Last edited:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I notice Google Now doesn't unlock the lock screen with this app is there any way to change this so that it unlocks the lock screen when I say OK Google

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
What don't you get? Try swiping left or right to change songs. It doesn't work. If you actually read what I posted, you'd have a clue as far as the search issue. Yes there is a search bar, but it only searches music available for the pass. It does not search your actual personal library, nor is there a way to. None of what I typed was that confusing...seems your comprehensive ability is limited.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
"You can't manually search for a song, artist, or album." ??? There is a search function.

"So if you have thousands of songs and you want one certain one..." Are these songs in your OneDrive, songs available offline, songs available offline via Music Pass, songs purchased through the Windows Store, or songs streamed via Music Pass?

Except that it doesn't search your OneDrive, so you have to do exactly what the missionsparta said. That said when I did scroll through, if I scroll on the right hand sid I would see the letters and while you couldn't select the letters, you could move through pretty fast. But

To paraphrase the famous statement, people help those who help themselves.

No need to be a jerk about it. You could have politely asked for more details or said you don't understand.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I recently left WP for android. The stock play music app is horrible so I switched back to Groove because it was familiar and I kind of liked it. I have all my music stored on my SD card and when I have a data connection my music appears and can be played. But when I'm offline I cant play any of my music. How do I get Groove to look at my SD card for my music. It's not in any of the settings that I have.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I recently left WP for android. The stock play music app is horrible so I switched back to Groove because it was familiar and I kind of liked it. I have all my music stored on my SD card and when I have a data connection my music appears and can be played. But when I'm offline I cant play any of my music. How do I get Groove to look at my SD card for my music. It's not in any of the settings that I have.
U can't pay local music on groove music not sure why u can't do this on android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99