Groove doesn't see Onedrive Songs?

getbillw

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm having a problem with Groove (PC and Android versions). I've uploaded 5,000 mp3 files to my OneDrive "Music" folder and they are all there. Groove doesn't see them though UNTIL I click on one in the MUSIC folder and play it? Then it shows up in Groove. Obviously, I can click on 5,000 songs to get them to show up in the Groove app. Is this a known issue? I've tried deleting and recreating the Music folder and re-uploading all of the songs 2 or 3 times. I've tried the "sync your music" hyperlink in the Groove app. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Just moved from windows to android. It sees all 10,000 plus on OneDrive but does not have the ability to download them to SD Card. Hope to see a fix in the future. Considering that OneDrive is a Red Headed step child now, I am not so sure that Microsoft cares. Having files local is important to me but I'm old. I think most young people just want to stream.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The problem with SD card storage is a completely different and well known issue and is down to some of the manufacturers of the phones, notably Samsung.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Here's an update for me. On my PC (non-insider) Groove finally sees my OneDrive music just fine. My phone (950XL on Insider Fast Ring) doesn't even try to sync with OneDrive when I open Groove. Perhaps it is an Insider issue for me.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
at the top of the songs, artist and album list in Groove there is a filter setting for sources of music is displayed on the phone

getbillw

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
(SOLVED)) Yes, but when I tell you how, it won't make sense. All I had to do was pick any one of the MP3 files in the OneDrive Music directory and "rename it". Once I did that (with just one of the files), it started processing all of them and Groove started seeing them. Just do this --> rename song.mp3 to song1.mp3. That worked for me. Let me know if it works for you. -Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel