11-14-2017 01:58 AM
62 123
tools
    I live in Greece. Here we couldn't subscribe. So it doesn't affect me directly. My main problem is the lack of trust i have in Microsoft right now. I was planning to go all in Microsoft ecosystem. I have planned to buy an Xbox. Should I ? Should I buy a Surface and get an office subscription. I don't like the Google nor apple ecosystems. In fact I was waiting groove to support Greece. Also, should we buy into the new Andromeda os ? Or should we move to android till Satya goes down?
    Sorry for my bad English guys

The lack of trust that MS has fostered with loyal consumers is going to really hurts them in the long run.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    11-09-2017 05:24 PM
    Of course I am disappointed. MS is killing off all consumer services. Groove was pretty solid. That is now leaving like Windows Phone. When I switch over to Android - I am getting rid of all my MS services...including OneDrive.

Amazon has a better price and won't abandon consumers.

Wake up MS. Soon business won't trust you if enough consumers don't.
    11-09-2017 08:27 PM
    I'm most disturbed at Microsoft because I bought a number of albums a few years ago that I cannot download any more. I thought if I bought the albums through the MS Store, they would always be there for me. Apparently, when a record label rescinds the rights to their catalog, it means I can no longer download that album. That's incredible!!!
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    11-09-2017 09:52 PM
    I'm mostly annoyed they rebranded the Music app to Groove. It was and still is a terrible name. I would like them to remove the branding and just call it Microsoft Music again or something.

You're right though. Microsoft is not building a lot of confidence in their ecosystems when they're killing off so many in such a short amount of time.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    11-10-2017 02:10 AM
    Microsoft should be ashamed of their behaviour. They produce the best products and them kill them off one by one. How do they expect anyone to buy into any of their future ecosystems if all they'll do is to shut it down. I've been a fan since day dot but see no reason to stick with them going forward.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    11-10-2017 07:51 AM
    Well... I have to ask... with Music gone on the Windows store... what is left? Apps? I've never bought one despite owning six Windows 10 devices. Why isn't the Windows 10 Store next?
    11-10-2017 08:41 AM
    I am pissed off because I had 5 unused Xbox music passes and I have been unable to get a refund from Microsoft. I have been asking for weeks now. I bought 10 of these on sale a few years ago thinking they would last me into the next decade. I was wrong..
    11-10-2017 10:43 AM
    I use Groove a lot (still); on my phone (a 920), and at work when I'm working in the workshop. I have a collection of almost 45 000 tracks, so that variety is amazing. Spotify told me I can't add any more to my collection after I migrated it. :(
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    11-10-2017 09:14 PM
    I dont like since they killed the Windows mobile. However, I expected this to be the strategy to bring the new class for mobile with phone enabled.

Then came Groove death. If you can read between the lines, it means there will be not such device, since it would need all apps they can get.

So, what then? I was a Fanboy, now I am a hater. So when my WP works no more, I am going to IPhone. Not Android just because that is what MSFT wants us to do. And forget about any laptop with Win10. Dont need it, can use any Mac. There is also a lot of software to handle my documents, so I am not touching Office.

And I will pursue that the company I work for does the same. It´s good to be in IT.

They want your money, but only under their conditions. Hell NO. My money goes under MY conditios. Thankfully there are other options.
    11-11-2017 12:41 AM
    I am the die hard fan of Microsoft and windows. I live in India, where groove Music app not supported on android. Previously i used Lumia 520, but it become dead and that time Microsoft has announced about closing of Lumia Line, so I had to migrate to android platform. Microsoft break my faith.
    11-11-2017 10:17 PM
    So basically, this is the experience of a Windows phone user over the last few years.

1- I just got this awesome phone! It's integrated, beautiful, and unique!

2- Hmm, not a lot of apps here... but hey screw that, they've got services! I'll enhance my experience with that.

3- Oh they're discontinuing the phone... that's too bad. Well at least I can enjoy my services....

4- eff you, microsoft
    kostas douroumis likes this.
    11-13-2017 11:07 PM
    I've plan to drop music streaming services altogether. Just gonna upload my library to ondrive and be done with it. I consider it my only option since I do not want to touch an apple, Google or Spotify app or product.
    Kevin Rush and EssThree like this.
    11-14-2017 01:58 AM
62 123