Groove Music won't let me listen to local music offline, just because it's in the OneDrive folder

Majr25

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I have OneDrive synced to my Windows 10 PC so I can always access my files while offline. This works fine for every other application, except Groove Music, which insists I have to be online in order to "stream" my music on OneDrive. If I just open my OneDrive folder while offline and open one of the songs with Groove Music, it plays it fine. It's only if I want to start playing music from the Groove Music interface, which means I can't use playlists while offline.
OneDrive is a Windows 10 integrated feature, you'd think Groove Music would know that it exists...

Is there really no way to have Groove Music just accept that my music is already downloaded? Other than having it download a duplicate of all my music into the Music Cache folder, of course.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried adding your OneDrive music folder to your music library?
Right click the OneDrive music folder, include in library

Majr25

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
All OneDrive folders are automatically part of their respective libraries, and can confirm that the OneDrive music folder is still in the Music library.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
OneDrive folders are not automatically included in your libraries.
If you want them there you have to add them.
Right click the OneDrive music folder on your PC, include in library, select 'music'
I just did this for one song in a OneDrive folder I created.
The song shows up in Groove.

What do you have the Groove filter set to in 'My Music' ?

Majr25

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Well they are all already in their libraries, and I didn't add them (I didn't realise Windows 10 had libraries still). I confirmed already that the OneDrive music folder is in the library. The songs show up in Groove, it just doesn't let you play them.

ApplicationFrameHost_2017-12-08_15-08-39.png

Even when I'm online and can play my songs, it's still re-downloading them, which is also a bit annoying since it takes significantly longer for songs to start playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234