Request for Microsoft to improve Groove for Android.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't care about subscriptions. I just want it to be a first class Music App.

1. Does not auto rotate. Google Play Music Does.
2. Cant play local music on internal or SD memory. Google Play Music Does.
3. Cant direct downloads to typical location.
4, Have to go to now playing to shuffle or repeat.

I love the app on PC just wish could export play lists to m3u or typical playlist file.

Come on Microsoft, throw me a bone.

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Whilst they are doing that they could actually make it useful on the Xbox.

The ability to play locally stored files.

The ability to play files in .flac format using OneDrive.

It really is useless to me on the Xbox at the moment.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
While they're at it they can add the ability to sort by genre or album, not just artist and title. That's one for the "Microsoft apps work better on Android than Windows" crowd they can enjoy with a bowl of sauteed crow.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the thoughtful comments. I heard the other day there was some update to Groove on insider Windows. That much itself is surprising. It gives me some hope they are not totally done with it. If they had any honor at all they would get it up to the functionality it had on Windows phone. I have a very large collection of music and many play lists. They should ether fix it or at least provide an export to m3u so we could import into a new app. That would be a decent gesture. Unfortunately I don't think they have their heart in the right place when it comes to consumers. Providing there actually is a heart. :) It may not be big bucks but caring about users creates good will and good will is something worth having.

miaflynn

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
The first impressive feature is designed non-material (Thankful to MS). Yes, I can’t use stock android music address. Pulling all the music to one drive and then download one by one is really pathetic. MS could improve on that section. Can you imagine, still it doesn’t have “select all button”? Even sometimes the app don’t resume from where I left off :unhappysweat:. I mean how? Hey, Williaml99, did you faced that too?

Mia

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism