Groove Music web player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julien Krins

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Why on earth did they took down the web player (initially located at music.microsoft,com) ? I understand that a lot a its functionality would've been taken down when GMPass was killed ... But streaming my own music anywhere with any browser (let's say, at work) was so good. I miss that, a lot.

Now I'm left with accessing OneDrive web interface, and play each song one by one :unhappysweat:

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I ran into the same issue (at work I used the web interface to play my tunes). I copied my OneDrive music into Google Play music (50,000 songs can be uploaded and played on the web/app interface for free). It's definitely not ideal as I loved the OneDrive integration, but I love playing my own purchased tunes.

Julien Krins

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Having read the FAQ at https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4046109/groove-music-and-spotify-faq
You can't stream music from OneDrive with Spotify.
Could you not use the Groove Music app to stream your music still?
According to the link above 'Music you upload to your OneDrive music folder can still be streamed and downloaded on your devices with the built-in Groove Music app.'

Yup, but that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the web interface, and not app integration. I haven't any issue to play songs from my OneDrive using Groove app on Xbox, W10M or W10 pc.

At work (W7 computer and no admin rights), it was nice to listen to my own music by simply browsing music.microsoft.com while working. And it was a microsoft domain, so it went throught our proxy without any problem. That is just sad.

goldenpipes

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup, but that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the web interface, and not app integration. I haven't any issue to play songs from my OneDrive using Groove app on Xbox, W10M or W10 pc.

At work (W7 computer and no admin rights), it was nice to listen to my own music by simply browsing music.microsoft.com while working. And it was a microsoft domain, so it went throught our proxy without any problem. That is just sad.

For whatever reason I can no longer stream from Onedrive to W10M or android groove app. I suspect something changed on my onedrive but the folder is named "Music" so idk why it wouldn't work.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
On my Windows 7 Intel NUC, with my own local music, I still run Zune!:grin:! -along with Spotify and Amazon Music. Zune works as great as ever, just ripping, organizing, and playing my music; but, I've never streamed OneDrive music with it. I Binged and found this link, which I barely understand, and don't/can't recommend, but it MAY interest you: https://www.reddit.com/r/Zune/comments/6fzpv1/import_offline_music_from_onedrive_into_zune/
Good luck accessing your music!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss