Unable to change album art using Groove music, need assistance.

Pyro Phoenix

Nov 30, 2018
Visit site
I used to be able to use Groove Music to alter the album art of music I had purchased that for some reason was missing that data; and recently discovered that when I went to do this again, the option to 'Edit info' or even 'Find album info' was no longer present thus I was unable to change the art.

Anybody know if they changed how this is done, and if so, how can I go about doing this now?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
These options have been removed. You have to manually edit the metadata of your music files (use MP3Tag or something similar) and then put those songs back into Groove and the metadata will appear.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I used to be able to use Groove Music to alter the album art of music I had purchased that for some reason was missing that data; and recently discovered that when I went to do this again, the option to 'Edit info' or even 'Find album info' was no longer present thus I was unable to change the art.

Anybody know if they changed how this is done, and if so, how can I go about doing this now?

Delayed response: I regularly use A VERY ROUND-ABOUT method for adding album art, FWIW. It's antiquated and probably directly impossible for others, but it works. Again, FWIW, for some; for others, the basic image/copying approach probably has broader application.

FIRST, I still use Zune on a Windows 7 Intel NUC to rip CDs and organize my owned music, on which I rely daily, especially since I cancelled my Spotify Premium subscription last month. Second, I copy all my ~70GB of owned music to SD cards installed on my daily Lumia 950, and a Sony XZ1 Compact that is my just-in-case backup and a next-regular music player running mostly VLC because it plays, like Groove, my lossless WMA files; and, I use Zune to edit every music tag. Zune rips album art accurately for 90 percent of my rips. I still use "Find Album info" for albums when the tags are missing/missed, erroneous, or otherwise not what I want. Zune still finds info for standard albums, but not for rare or some newer albums. For edit needs, I, again, use Zune to edit. For album art, I find an album image on line, save it to my desktop, and then in Zune, I right-click the album's absent or wrong-art image, then click Edit and the "CHANGE IMAGE" button, copying the saved image. This on-line-image is my basic source/method and would probably work with other software.

Last edited:

Mikail TOPUZ

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site

Make the region America in Windows settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon