The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-11-2016 04:00 PM
37 12
tools
    That's actually a standard HP notebook adapter, works with any of the recent notebooks. Looks like you can plug either the notebook adapter or the USB-C adapter into the desk dock to charge the device (haven't tried it myself so not completely sure if it's power in or power out).
    10-02-2016 02:58 PM
    Power brick is similar to a laptop one. Cord for wall, brick, then cord for adapter.

I still can't get the second sim to recognize.

Also having an issue where the screen turns off immediately when I put the device down.
    You just have to place the SIM card carefully into the second spot in the tray. If you feel any resistance while you push it in, reseat it.

Sent from mTalk
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    10-02-2016 11:20 PM
    In regards to the msd card, have you tried place some tape on the back of it to elevate the card a few mm?
    No, havent' tried that yet. I'm loathe to stick gummy substances inside the phone.

Maybe later.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    10-03-2016 02:28 PM
    Put tape on the back. No change.

I got a call from HP. They're sending a replacement unit.
    libra89 and TechFreak1 like this.
    10-03-2016 03:47 PM
    Put tape on the back. No change.

I got a call from HP. They're sending a replacement unit.
    Awesome, let us know how you get on with the replacement when it arrives.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-04-2016 07:03 AM
    Can you post a review of the ruuged case (and maybe more pics?) once you use it with the phone? I'm hopefully going to be ordering one of these within the next week or two, and I was thinking of getting this case as well (not a fan of folio cases).
    Sweet case! Got a link?

I'd like a review as well.
    For anyone else interested in a review of the case: Review of the HP Elite x3 Rugged Case | Windows Central
    10-04-2016 02:53 PM
    Hey, could you tell me which cable your using to connect the dock to the monitor cause i have tried a displayport to hdmi and a USB-C to hdmi without any luck. if you could share the cable brand or link of which one you bought that'll be great.

thanks,
    yash
    10-05-2016 01:27 AM
    Where can we actually get this case? I just ordered an Elite x3 from the MS online store, but wasn't able to get a case too. Both MS online and HP.com list the case as "coming soon". Can't find anything reasonable on Amazon either. Sorry if this is a bit of a hijack (some others may find the answer useful too though). Thanks!
    10-05-2016 02:33 AM
    I have the case and it's nice and light, feels substantial enough to do what it's intended for without adding too much bulk. It is raised slightly on the sides and makes the side swipe difficult and a little uncomfortable but a small price to pay to safeguard such an expensive device.
    10-05-2016 03:15 AM
    Can't find anything reasonable on Amazon either. Sorry if this is a bit of a hijack (some others may find the answer useful too though). Thanks!
    I just googled and found a supplier. I could have called PCM or one of my vendors but this was easier.

Welcome to NextWarehouse.com

By the way, tested the headphone jack without the case. Worked fine. Put the case on and the headphone jack is somewhat blocked. Nothing a little dremel couldn't handle if I ever actually used the headphone jack.
    10-05-2016 03:09 PM
    Ah, that's perfect. Thanks for that!

Edit: Phone's on the way, but no one (including the link PR posted) actually has the case in stock. Boo.

Edit 2: Available on Amazon now, but no Prime.
    Last edited by Ryan Smith23; 10-08-2016 at 03:26 AM.
    10-05-2016 03:39 PM
    Quick update. My original unit did not want to see the 2nd SIM or an MSD card.

HP sent me a replacement. Works like a charm. Just restoring from this morning's backup. Now to put on Windows Insider Fast Ring.

elite_x3.jpg
    libra89 and DCW1000 like this.
    10-11-2016 04:00 PM
37 12