Got a case. Now just need a new device.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
hp_case.jpg

(Picture taken with my 950xl and downsized using GIMP.)

I opted for the rugged case after what happened to my son's Note 7 last week.

Cs-ExuVUkAAiyRN.jpg

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 fell not quite two feet onto my son's bed post. He was taking it out of the case.

He turned it in (because of the battery issue) and is now driving a S7. He won't go with Windows mainly because of SnapChat and a few VR apps he uses for school.

Sent from mTalk

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Nice! You might call that putting the cart before the horse, but I love it :)

Same thing has happened to me many times, so excited for a new phone (or whatever it is), I buy up the accessories before I even have it :)

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
lol

Not quite line that. I ordered the device in August but have t received it yet. I also ordered the case about a week ago.

Supposedly the device will show up tonight

Sent from mTalk

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Can you post a review of the rugged case (and maybe more pics?) once you use it with the phone? I'm hopefully going to be ordering one of these within the next week or two, and I was thinking of getting this case as well (not a fan of folio cases).

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Note 7 fell not quite two feet onto my son's bed post. He was taking it out of the case.

He turned it in (because of the battery issue) and is now driving a S7. He won't go with Windows mainly because of SnapChat and a few VR apps he uses for school.

Sent from mTalk

So basically the Note 7 did a kamikaze dive... "freeeedooom" :winktongue::grincry:

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes, the Note 7 took a short dive, and is now gone. At least it didn't blow up before we returned it. Amazing that that crack came from a two-foot drop. But then, I'm not sure what they were smoking by making a device out of glass. His replacement - a crappy S7 using TouchWiz :eck: - also seems to have a glass case.

The new EliteX3 arrived today. I've not done much except update it. There is actually a power brick with it. Go figure.

Will start playing tomorrow.

hp_elitex3_update_14393.jpg

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
The SIM card is driving me nuts. I have a T-Mobile and AT&T SIM, and it is seemingly impossible to get it in. I then couldnt' get the SIM card tray back out. Ugh!

hp_elitex3_sim_card.jpg

Other than that, all is well. The AU took effect, though I'm tempted to go insider (I've been running fast ring on my 950xl since December.) and am going to check out this fingerprint. My case is out in the truck and I'm too lazy to go get it.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The SIM card is driving me nuts. I have a T-Mobile and AT&T SIM, and it is seemingly impossible to get it in. I then couldnt' get the SIM card tray back out. Ugh!

View attachment 130818

Other than that, all is well. The AU took effect, though I'm tempted to go insider (I've been running fast ring on my 950xl since December.) and am going to check out this fingerprint. My case is out in the truck and I'm too lazy to go get it.

Hmm, is the sim tray keyed?

Also how big is the power brick?

I just hope it's not too large, the coil whine will drive me potty :grincry:.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, those doggone trays are fiddly. They really are not for user who swap SIM or SD a lot. Did you have to use an adapter on a SIM?

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Power brick is similar to a laptop one. Cord for wall, brick, then cord for adapter.

I still can't get the second sim to recognize.

Also having an issue where the screen turns off immediately when I put the device down.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Power brick is similar to a laptop one. Cord for wall, brick, then cord for adapter.

If possible can you post a photo?

I still can't get the second sim to recognize.

Try placing a msd card into the second slot (the second slot doubles as a msd card slot) and see if that is recognized.

Also having an issue where the screen turns off immediately when I put the device down.

Hmm, is double tap to wake turned off or on?

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
@TechFreak1 - I need to find an msd. I stopped using them awhile ago, because they keep dying. I did swap the SIM cards. I put my T-Mobile SIM in slot two and AT&T in slot 1. It seems that the device is only recognizing slot 1. Wonder if there's a setting.

I fixed the issue with the screen going off. Yes, DTTW was on. Seems HP made DTTW not the same way as Lumia/Microsoft. I turned it off and now my screen does not go dark when I put it down. Was horrid driving in because Waze wouldn't work in my truck.

I'll post photos of the brick and the side-by-side as soon as possible

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I'll see about a comparison between the S7 and Elite X3 later. Sad his Note 7 cracked, because it was a decent device - for android. Still suffered from the crappy UI, but nice and fast.

Here's the promised case. I put it on this afternoon. Very slim and not bulky at all. The Elite X3 is slightly thinner than my 1520, so it is easier to hold. One-handed use is absolutely not an issue. While I liked the 5.7" size of my 950xl, this does not feel too big at all. Love the screen real estate.

WP_20160929_19_52_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20160929_19_52_48_Pro.jpg

Of course, I have to show off the desk dock. I was a little disappointed. Turns out the dock has a display port connection. I cannot stand all these monitor types - HDMI, Display Port, Mini HDMI, DVI - they drive me nuts. In any case, I quickly setup the desk dock and connected to one of my 27" monitors at work. I was able to do the usual in Continuunm, but most importantly will use this when I'm working over at my second desk to remote into my Surface Pro, nicely docked in my office. This will save me from having to carry the Surface Pro around.

WP_20160929_17_44_13_Pro.jpg

Andrew John HUSSEY

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Did you manage to get the second SIM working as I can't! I've tested the SIM in other phones and it's OK. If I swap them round it's the same SIM (in the other position) that's recognised.

Very strange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)