Got a case. Now just need a new device.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
@TechFreak1 - I need to find an msd. I stopped using them awhile ago, because they keep dying. I did swap the SIM cards. I put my T-Mobile SIM in slot two and AT&T in slot 1. It seems that the device is only recognizing slot 1. Wonder if there's a setting.

Interesting it may be a setting however only way to be certain is to check using a msd card. Also try placing some tape on the backside of the sim to increase thickness of the sim as it may be a contact issue - If the card and msd card is not read that may mean the second slot may be faulty... :grincry:

I fixed the issue with the screen going off. Yes, DTTW was on. Seems HP made DTTW not the same way as Lumia/Microsoft. I turned it off and now my screen does not go dark when I put it down. Was horrid driving in because Waze wouldn't work in my truck.

I believe they used the accelorameter + gyroscope (I could be wrong) to implement their method of DTTW which to me would explain why it goes a bit loopy when you put the phone down.

I'll post photos of the brick and the side-by-side as soon as possible

Thanks!

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Just spoke to HP.

They said the second SIM slot can be "tricky" but that it should work. I found a 32GB microSD and popped it in. No response.

Need to open a ticket.

UNFORTUNATELY, the website doesn't want to recognize the serial number of my device.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Was using the continuum all day today. Works flawlessly. Of course, most of the work is by using Remote Destkop into my Surface Pro.

Here's a picture of the power brick next to my desk dock for a size comparison.

ScreenShot408.jpg

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
That's actually a standard HP notebook adapter, works with any of the recent notebooks. Looks like you can plug either the notebook adapter or the USB-C adapter into the desk dock to charge the device (haven't tried it myself so not completely sure if it's power in or power out).

mrmobileperformance

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Power brick is similar to a laptop one. Cord for wall, brick, then cord for adapter.

I still can't get the second sim to recognize.

Also having an issue where the screen turns off immediately when I put the device down.

You just have to place the SIM card carefully into the second spot in the tray. If you feel any resistance while you push it in, reseat it.

Sent from mTalk

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

yadvani

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey, could you tell me which cable your using to connect the dock to the monitor cause i have tried a displayport to hdmi and a USB-C to hdmi without any luck. if you could share the cable brand or link of which one you bought that'll be great.

thanks,
yash

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Where can we actually get this case? I just ordered an Elite x3 from the MS online store, but wasn't able to get a case too. Both MS online and HP.com list the case as "coming soon". Can't find anything reasonable on Amazon either. Sorry if this is a bit of a hijack (some others may find the answer useful too though). Thanks!

Andrew John HUSSEY

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I have the case and it's nice and light, feels substantial enough to do what it's intended for without adding too much bulk. It is raised slightly on the sides and makes the side swipe difficult and a little uncomfortable but a small price to pay to safeguard such an expensive device.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Can't find anything reasonable on Amazon either. Sorry if this is a bit of a hijack (some others may find the answer useful too though). Thanks!
I just googled and found a supplier. I could have called PCM or one of my vendors but this was easier.

Welcome to NextWarehouse.com

By the way, tested the headphone jack without the case. Worked fine. Put the case on and the headphone jack is somewhat blocked. Nothing a little dremel couldn't handle if I ever actually used the headphone jack.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Quick update. My original unit did not want to see the 2nd SIM or an MSD card.

HP sent me a replacement. Works like a charm. Just restoring from this morning's backup. Now to put on Windows Insider Fast Ring.

elite_x3.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett