Best Cases and Accessories for the HP Elite x3

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Was spending some time here reading the member reviews of the Elite x3 (awesome). Thought it might be fun to post some of the best cases and accessories you've found so far for all to share.

Have at it.. post your links and recommendations below. Can't wait to see what you've found!

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I think these ones made by HP are great. However, I'm wondering if a belt clip case similar to the otterbox is available as it's a big phone and might not fit in a pocket.

Cases:
HP Elite x3 Wallet Folio Case V8Z61AA
HP Elite x3 Silicone Case V8Z62AA
HP Elite x3 Rugged Case V8Z63AA
Screen:
HP Elite x3 Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protector (3-pack) W8W95AA
HP Elite x3 Anti-Shatter Glass Screen Protector (1-pack) W8W94AA
HP Elite x3 Privacy Screen (1-pack) W8W96AA

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I don't think there really is anything other than the ones from HP and a few generic wallet/sleeve cases. I have the HP rugged case, and it's great so far. I would love to see Nillkin (or Incipio) come out with a slim hard case like I had for my 1520, but I doubt that will happen.

When you think about how few of these will sell (compared to an Android flagship or iPhone), it's unlikely a lot of manufacturers will put effort into developing cases for it. We're likely stuck with whatever HP gives us.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I can't say it will be the best but it's definitely a case made by someone other than HP. It says it's a month out, but I ordered one of these...Olixar Flexishield HP Elite X3 Gel Case

Price was pretty low, around 10 bucks, so thought I'd test it out.

sent by mTalk

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The HP dock has interchangeable inserts that are bigger (For if you're using a case) or smaller (if the phone is bare). I have the Rugged case. I swapped the insert and the phone fits perfectly. The inserts came with the dock. I can't find a picture of one at the moment.

-m

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I picked up the incipio case and have had it on for a few days. I really like it so far. I would describe the back as textured, not really cloth feeling. It feels nice. It seems to offer good protection, but definitely adds some bulk and buttons are a little harder to push. I'll probably end up keeping it on most of the time. I also put on a skinomi screen protector from Amazon last night. Installation was easy and the fit is really good. I do not like how it feels, but to be fair I don't like most screen protectors. My finger just doesn't glide on it well, like It's too soft. For under$10 though, it seems well made.

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I have the HP leather folio case which looks great - build quality of the plastic surround is much better than most cases of this nature, although it cups the phone a bit too well and could have been about 1mm or so shallower to avoid that. They've also avoided that annoying bridge of plastic around the button area which always snaps off several months down the road.

There's a magnet or similar in the flap which does toggle screen on/off, however I have found it does turn the phone off in some other positions (i.e. in folded stand position) which is super annoying. Additionally, the inside of the flap is felt with card slots resessed, so you get a large square impression on the screen..

The rubber pads for gripping the phone in the folded landscape position were sliding off as the adhesive was just "tacky" within a day, be it from pocket warmth or what, I don't know..

So yeah, I always go for the leather cases but if there's a 3rd party option available I'd avoid HPs own.

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Would anyone be interested in buying my incipio case? I may sell it. A coworker got the HP rugged case and I like it, so I ordered one. I've used the incipio for about a week and I like it as well, but the HP rugged is just slightly slimmer. It seems to me that the incipio would offer better protection, especially due to the lip around the screen, but the compromise is the thickness of it. I'll see if I can get some pictures uploaded today.

RicaChero

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by KrayMat
Would anyone be interested in buying my incipio case? I may sell it. A coworker got the HP rugged case and I like it, so I ordered one. I've used the incipio for about a week and I like it as well, but the HP rugged is just slightly slimmer. It seems to me that the incipio would offer better protection, especially due to the lip around the screen, but the compromise is the thickness of it. I'll see if I can get some pictures uploaded today.

I wouldn't mind it for cheap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99