So I finally got a micro-HDMI cable and I'm not sure if the adapter is broken or what but I don't see any output on my TV. Is it HDMI out or does the lapdock take HDMI in to display other video (I doubt that's the case). Is the HDMI working for anyone else? Just wondering if I can start using this as a dual screen with another monitor or watch netflix on my TV.

thanks!
    01-17-2017 07:35 PM
    So I finally got a micro-HDMI cable and I'm not sure if the adapter is broken or what but I don't see any output on my TV. Is it HDMI out or does the lapdock take HDMI in to display other video (I doubt that's the case). Is the HDMI working for anyone else? Just wondering if I can start using this as a dual screen with another monitor or watch netflix on my TV.

thanks!
    I'm sure you are connecting it correctly. Does the TV have more than one HDMI port? Have you tried it on another TV perhaps?

Sent from mTalk
    01-18-2017 06:41 AM
    I think it works the other way.If it's anything like the nexdock, then it's a micro hdmi in, not out. and its probably so you can use it with a tablet or something.
    01-18-2017 10:23 AM
    I'm sure you are connecting it correctly. Does the TV have more than one HDMI port? Have you tried it on another TV perhaps?

Sent from mTalk
    I connected it to another monitor and nothing...

I think it works the other way.If it's anything like the nexdock, then it's a micro hdmi in, not out. and its probably so you can use it with a tablet or something.
    What would be the point in that? I tried connecting my PS4 for ****s and giggles and didn't get any picture either?

Is it just not supported yet or am I doing something wrong?
    01-18-2017 04:35 PM
    Hi I'm out of my league here, but this is how I would use your devise to attach another monitor!
    01-18-2017 05:02 PM

thanks!
    If you can connect to the lapdock and theres already a display there, i think it doesnt support dual screens yet besides the Elite x3 being the first screen and the lapdock becomes the second. I'm not sure of this but i think i came across this on HP' FAQ. You could also try when connected to go into the HP Display tool on the elite x3 and into settings. See which screen does it detect as your second display. If it only detects your lapdock then im guessing the dual screen doesnt work or doesnt have the ability yet to do so. And if thats the case then your cable and lapdock are not faulty in any way.

Sent from mTalk
    01-19-2017 03:13 AM
    What brand and model is your lapdock?
    01-19-2017 03:20 AM
    Hi I'm out of my league here, but this is how I would use your devise to attach another monitor!
    I know that, I guess I'm just wondering why does the lapdock have an HDMI port if it doesn't do anything?

If you can connect to the lapdock and theres already a display there, i think it doesnt support dual screens yet besides the Elite x3 being the first screen and the lapdock becomes the second. I'm not sure of this but i think i came across this on HP' FAQ. You could also try when connected to go into the HP Display tool on the elite x3 and into settings. See which screen does it detect as your second display. If it only detects your lapdock then im guessing the dual screen doesnt work or doesnt have the ability yet to do so. And if thats the case then your cable and lapdock are not faulty in any way.

Sent from mTalk
    I messed with the display settings and nothing changed. I'm guess the ability isn't there yet,

What brand and model is your lapdock?
    The normal x3 lapdock, there's only one as far as I know.
    01-19-2017 06:04 AM
    Look in the lapdock user guide. There a combination of key to mirror the lapdock display to a second screen. By default, it doesn't do it.
    azgoth444 likes this.
    01-19-2017 08:52 AM
    I had to restart my Hp to get connected to my TV(s) wasn't working and I was getting irritated. My $0.02

Sent from mTalk
    01-19-2017 01:34 PM
    Look in the lapdock user guide. There a combination of key to mirror the lapdock display to a second screen. By default, it doesn't do it.
    YES! I got it, thank you! It's just FN+F2 and it mirrors the lapdock to whatever monitor is plugged in. So awesome, thanks a lot!
    azgoth444 likes this.
    01-23-2017 12:30 PM