Tempered Glass screen protector

jtshorns

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a good tempered glass screen protector? I am not a fan of film screen protectors. The 2 I find on Amazon have horrible reviews.

Netwolf-irc

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
More than the screen protector, which is very useful to have -- (I had the Glass screen protector on my 950 XL and now HP Anti-Shatter Glass on my x3 Screen protector), is truly a folio case.

When I had my 950 XL, I also had the Mozo brown case. It looked beautiful. But in a completely innocent accident and drop, I managed to crack my screen (950XL) screen on the corner. For all the talk of Gorrila Glass the screen hit the pavement and shattered.

The replacement screen for my 950 XL cost CAD $350. After that experience, I refuse to go without a folio case for any of these phones. Simply because the screen is the most expensive component to replace.

For 950 XL, I used this and for HP Elite x3 I use this.

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
More than the screen protector, which is very useful to have -- (I had the Glass screen protector on my 950 XL and now HP Anti-Shatter Glass on my x3 Screen protector), is truly a folio case.

I always buy a folio case and agree, it would be far more important than getting a screen protector if you had to choose between one of them. I always go for both. Also great if you resell your phone on upgrade, cause even a pristine screen but blatant drop /chips /wear on the case will devalue, and I would expect the fake chrome to wear off from just pocket traffic without a case.

HP's Folio case is a piece of ****e though, and do not recommend it.

• The glue for the rubber grips that keep the phone in landscape for watching videos etc comes off at ambient /pocket temperatures. mine were sliding off after day 1.
  • The card slots are indented; which is probably smart if you actually use them but if you don't, you get a squared imprint on your phone's screen you have to rub off. my experience to just never use these slots anyway, as they just get stretched out and ruined. I use them to hold a bus or ticket at most.
  • Felt inner lining is a lint attractor.
  • the magnetic? strip on the top edge that turns off the screen when closed can trigger even when folded over backwards /landscape
  • Hp's microphone is at the back and there is a little hole for it, so if you fold the front over the back you block it. I've had SO MANY people asking me why it was SO HARD to hear me and whether I was on loud speaker and I only just found this out last night, that it was due to the case.

TL;DR looks pretty with a high build quality in terms of the leather and plastic surround, some good design features to it like having a slot cut away for the side buttons rather than just holes for the buttons (which creates a little bridge of plastic that'll snap off anyway) but overall, they over looked actual usage testing and it's a piece of ****.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro