Who's Planning to Get an HP Elite x3

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
All you guys that want one of these should form a Windows Central group buy.
Maybe each will be able to get the device easier as an organized entity posing as a networking consortium :)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
But how practically feasible?
I was joking (slightly)

Buying this initially might be pretty difficult for the non-business consumer.
HP (and Microsoft) it seems have a lot of work to do before tying this thing to corporate services making it a surefire viable seller.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I was joking (slightly)

Buying this initially might be pretty difficult for the non-business consumer.
HP (and Microsoft) it seems have a lot of work to do before tying this thing to corporate services making it a surefire viable seller.

I don't think it would be too hard for HP to sell to enterprise and compare to the 950xl there is no difference with apps for the consumer. So the HP Phone is appealing to me for now. Probably might have more business apps than MS (just a thought)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it would be too hard for HP to sell to enterprise and compare to the 950xl there is no difference with apps for the consumer.

I'm just trying to soften the landing if you will.
This device was announced yet is still actually in development for it's real target audience.

Let's hope all will be very pleased with the future of the X3.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I've read it wont be available until late summer, but I am already wishing and hoping. I like my 950XL but have been surprised by how much I miss the larger screen of my 1520. This is the only phone on my radar right now.

They said they plan to release it in august

Sent from mTalk

GMC262

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
By August they'll have some competition, with the next Samsung note and the release of iPhone 7 right around the corner. Both are preferred by many who work in firms with BYOD policies.

todd7900

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking this is the device that might kill the BYOD trend. With the built in security, durability, and access to corporate legacy apps through the Workspace feature, I can see IT dept wanting to get away from having to deal with a bunch of different devices and standardizing on just one system.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I embrace byod at my org. I let anyone bring any Mobile device they want as long as they accept our security policy. We make support best effort for mobile devices and manage security through mdm. We stopped standardizing on mobile years ago.

Bobby Bahmanpour

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I think this is finally the phone I have been waiting for.

Despite all the problems with Windows10 and fact that still not released to everyone, I think I love that phone.

I have had my 1520 for 2.5 years now, Had to unlock it from a ATT and have been on Tmobile and I love the phone my plan etc, still hope for better apps, as my Banks, BOA & Chase don't even have apps here anymore!!! But if HP starts selling this phone to business and it becomes the next Crackberry I really think there is finally hope for this.

I just can't ever see going back to ICON OS and was considering Samsung S7 Edge but now that I see this whole package with the laptop etc. I think i'll wait till summer and get the whole package.

Please don't screw this up and add the camera button, don't see why you would need fingerprint if it has iris control etc..............Can't wait :love::love::love:

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
don't see why you would need fingerprint if it has iris control

dual security maybe...hp said some like one way and others the other way...I think it is smart doing it. One have a choice.

As for the camera button...Why in hell so important for some? I have it on my 830 and many times I wish it does not have it.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
the phone is supposed to be sold unlock with all the band....I think..so could be used everywhere

The 950 and 950 XL can technically work on some of VZ's network however from what I've seen posted here, VZ is intentionally blocking them from their network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss