11-13-2016 09:35 PM
120 12345
tools
    I embrace byod at my org. I let anyone bring any Mobile device they want as long as they accept our security policy. We make support best effort for mobile devices and manage security through mdm. We stopped standardizing on mobile years ago.
    GMC262 and MN_Wolverine like this.
    02-25-2016 06:49 AM
    I really wish MS would let all W10M phones have it, especially if the Lumia line truly is defunct.
    Is no Glance really due to Microsoft restricting it? I thought that Glance was dependent on the technology used in the screen.
    02-25-2016 03:26 PM
    I thought that Glance was dependent on the technology used in the screen.
    yep, not on any amoled screen
    02-25-2016 03:53 PM
    I think this is finally the phone I have been waiting for.

Despite all the problems with Windows10 and fact that still not released to everyone, I think I love that phone.

I have had my 1520 for 2.5 years now, Had to unlock it from a ATT and have been on Tmobile and I love the phone my plan etc, still hope for better apps, as my Banks, BOA & Chase don't even have apps here anymore!!! But if HP starts selling this phone to business and it becomes the next Crackberry I really think there is finally hope for this.

I just can't ever see going back to ICON OS and was considering Samsung S7 Edge but now that I see this whole package with the laptop etc. I think i'll wait till summer and get the whole package.

Please don't screw this up and add the camera button, don't see why you would need fingerprint if it has iris control etc..............Can't wait
    02-25-2016 03:55 PM
    don't see why you would need fingerprint if it has iris control
    dual security maybe...hp said some like one way and others the other way...I think it is smart doing it. One have a choice.

As for the camera button...Why in hell so important for some? I have it on my 830 and many times I wish it does not have it.
    02-25-2016 04:37 PM
    If it becomes available for Verizon, I am going to get it for sure!
    02-26-2016 08:45 AM
    Good luck! VZ is the most anti-Windows carrier of them all.
    02-26-2016 08:48 AM
    Good luck! VZ is the most anti-Windows carrier of them all.
    the phone is supposed to be sold unlock with all the band....I think..so could be used everywhere
    02-26-2016 01:21 PM
    the phone is supposed to be sold unlock with all the band....I think..so could be used everywhere
    The 950 and 950 XL can technically work on some of VZ's network however from what I've seen posted here, VZ is intentionally blocking them from their network.
    02-27-2016 02:08 PM
    The 950 and 950 XL can technically work on some of VZ's network however from what I've seen posted here, VZ is intentionally blocking them from their network.
    and they have the right to do so? I thought that was a thing of the past
    02-27-2016 02:14 PM
    In the US, the carriers own their networks completely. It's a horrible system.
    02-27-2016 02:57 PM
    yes it is
    02-28-2016 12:29 PM
    Well, at the beginning of this thread I commented that I was going to pause on a 950xl purchase till after WMC. Now that WMC has come and gone, I am going to go ahead with the 950 purchase. While the Elite X3 is a beast of a device, I think it is going to be ungodly expensive. That and since it will be a strictly personal device (My company doesn't now and never will allow BYOD) many of the features are kind of lost on me. This tech is a dream for enterprise IT and individuals that have pretty basic computing needs, but I need a little more power in a laptop.
    02-28-2016 03:27 PM
    Already pre-ordered mine via contract written in my own blood at HP headquarters. Oddly enough they didn't call security or anything. They applauded my enthusiasm.
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    02-28-2016 05:04 PM
    lol
    02-28-2016 06:46 PM
    and they have the right to do so? I thought that was a thing of the past
    Don't waste your money and time with Verizon. You can get access to Verizon's towers using a Vzw phone on Straight Talk.
    02-29-2016 10:46 AM
    Don't waste your money and time with Verizon. You can get access to Verizon's towers using a Vzw phone on Straight Talk.
    I said that because I thought in the US every phone company were going with BYOD
    02-29-2016 10:59 AM
    Will be buying this the second it goes on sale in the UK, will no doubt pick up the extender and dock as well if they offer all three for a decent price
    RumoredNow and Musicalix like this.
    03-01-2016 06:44 AM
    Noob question. What would one lose out on by going with an HP device instead of a Lumia? Still able to get +Here Maps? Any other notable apps that one might miss out on? Really thought it was Lumia or die when it came to WP. Am I mistaken? Currently a 3 year 1520 owner btw.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-01-2016 09:06 PM
    Noob question. What would one lose out on by going with an HP device instead of a Lumia? Still able to get +Here Maps? Any other notable apps that one might miss out on? Really thought it was Lumia or die when it came to WP. Am I mistaken? Currently a 3 year 1520 owner btw.
    Lumia Firmware does account for some niceties. But they need not be exclusive. It depends on how much effort HP puts into the firmware.

We've yet to see many high end models from non-Lumia OEM's as a broad release...

Because this is HP's first smart phone since 2011, it should be "dressed to impress" if they want to sustain an audience.
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-01-2016 11:05 PM
    Depends on the price really.
    03-04-2016 12:30 PM
    I said that because I thought in the US every phone company were going with BYOD
    The problem is not every device supports CDMA, which is what Verizon uses for voice calls.
    03-04-2016 12:31 PM
    Although I have had a 1520 for the last few years, my previous phone that ran Windows was considered by many to have been one of the best ever and that was the HTC HD2, a real pleasure to own even though I was using Windows 6.5 on it and only gave it up when the 1520 became available in the UK (I still charge it up and turn it on every few months out of affection for it).

My problem is I am not 100% sure my 1520 will last another 6 months, so what do I do, buy a 650 to tide me over, or get a 950 and use that to replace my wife's 830 when the HP comes out, although I am still open to being swayed to other makers or devices, depending on what comes to market this year.

But my plan is to replace my phone and small tablet, being left with a desktop, SP3, Xbox One and an high end phone running 10 (HP winning so far)
    03-05-2016 02:25 PM
    I definitely want one
    04-14-2016 09:46 PM
    Why are you people makings plans to buy HP Elite X3 when it's not going to be a consumer device? Meaning you will not be able to buy it.
    According to some sources, the phone will be available only to business that are willing to try to virtualization app solution supported by HP. They will not sell the phone to normal users because that would not help them shape the virtualization platform they are working on for continuum and stuff.
    So all you guys making plans, you will be disappointed cause you will not be able to buy it, unless you subscribe to HP virtualization platform (btw, subscription to virtualization costs money)
    fultoniron likes this.
    04-18-2016 04:17 AM
120 12345