What does HP Elite x3 look like?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
EBFolio_Gallery_Zoom3.jpg

Hey guys,

So the news that HP MIGHT drop a device soon is obviously big news. If done right and priced right, it could be a pretty big deal for the platform. However the device was only revealed to a few bloggers and so have we don't have any details about what the device looks like or to be more clear; I don't have any info on what the device looks like, because the internet doesn't or it does, and I couldn't find it :D

In any case I remembered a wincentral.com article where they were talking about the "Elite book folio". One of those images had displayed a phone that was running w10m or at least some version of WP.

The only other device I could think of that possibly comes close to the one in the image would be the Ativ? It has rounded corners and has that distinct Samsung look to it. All in all this could be absolutely nothing, but why would they "accidentally" allow a device that has nothing to do with their brand into the shot?

On the other hand they also have a cup of coffee in there, so one could ask, what coffee has to do with HP as well. I decided to share it anyways :grincry:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you are onto something there. Especially with the "Looks like Ativ" reference. I don't see HP following a Lumia mold, but I don't see them being original either.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Looking at their Spectre x360 series hopefully they bring some of that premium design over, which I believe they would if the rumored specs are true.

todd7900

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what it is going to look like, but I do know that if it has any bezels at all, most comments on here will blast it.

franckyvinvin12

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Pretty curious about that x3 !

My thoughts about it :
- The name x3 is pretty telling. The x2 was a 2-in-1 device, I wonder if the x3 could be a 3-in-1 device, as a smartphone-tablet-laptop.
- Evan Blass got to see it and said it had a smart design. Smart is not "beautiful", it's more about functionnality. I'm thinking HP might have a smart design that makes the 3-in-1 seemless.
- How could it be 3-in-1 ? Not sure, but I can't think of something like the Asus Padfone, seemed akward. I could see something like a x2/Surface without internals. You'd get a phone, a use it on the tablet/laptop by using Continuum. Could be wireless, or maybe you'd insert the phone where a trackpad should be and use the phone as a trackpad. The tablet/laptop would need to have a battery, and not much more else inside.

The question is, would it make sense ? How much would the tablet/laptop cost ? If it's too expensive, why wouldn't you just buy a cheap convertible that doesn't need a smartphone to work ? If it's not good enough (the screen needs to be great I think), same thing, why wouldn't you buy a tablet instead ?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Evan Blass got to see it and said it had a smart design

I was stuck on that statement as well. In fact it's still jumping around in my head. He obviously wasn't superblown away by it, so I'm wondering of it's underwhelming? He angles more towards android so it would take sth pretty spectacular from a different platform to "wow" him lol

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing this.

Also intrigued by Evan Blass' tweet that he's heard some big news for Windows phone fans. Brad Sams seems to have latched onto something as well.

I wonder if we'll see a huge Microsoft pivot at MWC through OEMs, specifically more traditionally laptop and desktop OEMs? I've long though Microsoft's best play was to turn mobile into PC. Make them work everywhere and make them free from carrier contracts so they can be consistently updated and patched. That's something Android cannot consistently offer and never will because each OEM controls the build.

Sams also hinted at a Surface Phone that was not built by MS. I've wondered for a while if Microsoft would work with other OEMs to develop Surface products that meet design aesthetic and quality standards along with a crapware free experience. Could we see a Dell or Lenovo or HP or Acer Surface Phone? Ultrabook. Microsoft Surface Ultrabook by HP? It could be a way to ensure much higher quality while delivering a higher price and giving OEMs a slice of the pie.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Somehow I don't believe the surface team would allow anyone in on any of their projects :/ Those peeps are apparently very secretive of their work

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Pretty curious about that x3 !

My thoughts about it :
- The name x3 is pretty telling. The x2 was a 2-in-1 device, I wonder if the x3 could be a 3-in-1 device, as a smartphone-tablet-laptop.
- Evan Blass got to see it and said it had a smart design. Smart is not "beautiful", it's more about functionnality. I'm thinking HP might have a smart design that makes the 3-in-1 seemless.
- How could it be 3-in-1 ? Not sure, but I can't think of something like the Asus Padfone, seemed akward. I could see something like a x2/Surface without internals. You'd get a phone, a use it on the tablet/laptop by using Continuum. Could be wireless, or maybe you'd insert the phone where a trackpad should be and use the phone as a trackpad. The tablet/laptop would need to have a battery, and not much more else inside.

The question is, would it make sense ? How much would the tablet/laptop cost ? If it's too expensive, why wouldn't you just buy a cheap convertible that doesn't need a smartphone to work ? If it's not good enough (the screen needs to be great I think), same thing, why wouldn't you buy a tablet instead ?

If it is a 3-in-1, it could be relating to Continuum. It's a phone. It could have a flip keyboard, so it could be a little mini-laptop. And it could be a Desktop of sorts when it goes into a Continuum dock or does Continuum via Miracast.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Pics and specs...here
A HP Elite X3 lesz a legjobb Windows 10 Mobile phablet | Tech2.hu

hp_elite_x3_leak_01_tech2.jpg
hp_elite_x3_leak_02_tech2.jpg
hp_elite_x3_leak_03_tech2.jpg
hp_elite_x3_leak_04_tech2.jpg

HP Elite X3 Specs
• 5.96 "Quad HD display
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Quad-Core SoC
• 4 GB of RAM
• 32GB of storage, microSD expansion up to 200 GB
• Type-C USB 3.0 (USB-C)
• Qi wireless charging
• Iris scanner
• Fingerprint reader
• Dock Connection
• 16-megapixel camera on the back
• 8-megapixel front camera
• Windows Mobile 10
• IP67 dust and water resistance
• STD810 military MIL-rating (for 1-foot drop protection)

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: ".... and the bottom one is a speaker"

And it's Bang and Olufsen. Audio has been a much ignored spec on recent phones. Enough with the camera overkill, bring on some sound bling.
Now if they would just make a 'mini' version ~4.5" or so .....and convince Verizon to sell it....I'd break down their door in a sec.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre