HP Elite 3X Specs + Features

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Full specs & features of the HP Elite x3 beast below.

• Product Color: HP Graphite
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Mobile
  • Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 (2.15 GHz, 4cores)
  • Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8996
  • Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 SDRAM (onboard) Dual channel x32 PoP 32Gbit
  • Internal Storage: 64GB eMMC 5.1
  • Display: 5.96" diagonal WQHD (2560x1440), Amoled multi-touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, Anti-reflective coating
  • Available Graphics: Qualcomm Adreno 530 GPU
  • Audio: 2 Stereo speakers (one with earpiece). 3 integrated omni-directional microphones, HP Noise Cancellation Software, 1 external microphone (from headset jack), Snapdragon Audio+ support, Audio by B&O PLAY
  • Wireless Technologies: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2), WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE combo (Miracast supported), NFC, WWAN:2G/3G/4G,LTE-A with carrier aggregation 4,5,6,13
  • Expansion Slots: 1 microSD (Expandable up to 2TB)
  • Ports and Connectors: One 3.5mm 3 and 4 pole headphone jack, 1 USB 3.0 Type-C connector, Dual nanoSIM or nanoSIM + microSD card via 3-in-2 card tray, Pogo Pins
  • Camera: 16MP f/2.0 FHD rear-facing camera, 8MP FHD front facing camera, Iris camera
  • Available Software: HP Workspace, HP Device Hub, HP Registration and device onboarding, Adobe PDF Reader
  • Security Management: Elite x3 device has dual biometrics with Iris recognition, Fingerprint scanner, FIPS 140-2 Cryptography, Qualcomm processor including secure boot, 128-bitkey unified image encryption, 256-bitkey full disk encryption, anti rollback, fTPM2.0 Security, Windows 10 includes 128 key Bitlocker encryption, Enterprise grade VPN
  • Dimensions: 3.29 x 0.31 x 6.36 in., 83.5 x7.8 x 161.8 mm
  • Weight: 0.43lb (195g)
  • Power: 10W 5V/2 Aadapter, Non-removable 3.85V Battery Pack, 4150 mAh Lithion Ion Polymer Battery
  • Wireless Charging: Qi and PMA
  • Sensors: Ambient light sensor + proximity combo, Accelorometer + Gyroscope, eCompass, Pressure, Hall effect, NFC, GPS
  • Energy Efficiency Compliance: ENERGY STAR certified, EPEAT Gold, Registered where applicable, EPEAT registration varies by country
  • Durability Features: Designed to pass IP67, Providing seals against liquid and dust ingress to IP67 rating (water proof for 30 minutes??), Designed to pass MIL-STD810G testing

Source

Starting September 2nd, 2016 with v3.10.24401 the Windows Device Recovery tool (WDRT) adds support for HP Elite X3: Windows Device Recovery Tool Expanded... Covers More OEMs

You may download WDRT from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

Last edited by a moderator:

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hands on specs from MWC 2016 via ITpro.co.uk, article tip by 'theefman'

Specs in addition/different to OP listing above...
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 eight-core processor
- Screen resolution of 2560x1440 pixels
- dual front-facing speakers
- micro SD slot that supports cards up to 2TB
- Cat 6 LTE and 2x2 802.11ac WiFi
- five-pin pogo connector supporting third-party accessories from battery cases to add-ons capable of processing credit card payments.
- casing is apparently IP67 and MIL-STD-810-G compliant, water and dust resistant + capable of surviving falls from around four feet.
- accessory: HP Desk Dock USB3-C port Continuum compliant+(2) USB-A ports + Ethernet port+Display port + Kensington security slot
- accessory: HP Mobile Extender 12.5", 1kg laptop(monitor + keyboard shell using Elite X3 for processing via WiFi or USB-C)
- app: HP Workspace (runs virtualized desktop apps hosted off a server on the X3 when the phablet is in Continuum mode)
- app: Salesforce apps pre-installed (app-level VPN-support to Windows 10 Mobile)
- MS Office

Last edited:

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
yup just got the updated specs here too, the extender looks very promising as I also allows you to run x86 programs via the cloud too and not just universal windows 10 apps. This is a beast of a phone and an absolute powerhouse. It has pretty much anybody would want in a moble device.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently getting all my extra toys ready to sell on eBay so I can buy this piece of phone awesomeness! Sounds like a perfect phone.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy with my 950XL, but this looks like a beast of a phone and a worthy W10M flagship device.

More phones like this, generating publicity and showing how powerful Windows 10 is, and things could be looking quite good.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
More spec info released...
From The Inquirer via MSPU(WMPU), cached page....
https://web.archive.org/web/2016022.../2447193/mwc-2016-hp-elite-x3-hands-on-review
additional specs info from Tom's Hardware ....cache

additional/expanded specs info ....
- 4,150mAh battery
- 190g weight
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4 GB of LPDDR4 SDRAM
- dual SIM card tray that can load dual nano SIMs or (1) nano SIM + 1 micro SD memory card
- 490ppi, 2560x1440 OLED
- pogo pins allow HP partners to develop dedicated, add-on capabilities (called “jacket extensions”) for the medical field, POS applications
- Continuum via Desk Dock/Mobile Extender runs the handset's Universal Apps WITH a traditional desktop UI
- HP Workspace, a VPN service which enables the use of legacy applications when using a mouse and keyboard in Continuum
- Security: standard hardware encryption complemented by secure boot, anti-roll back and image encryption features, VPN-SSL support + TPM
- Benchmarks: Sunspider benchmark X3 = 269.9ms, 3rd fastest score after the iPhone 6S=219.9ms & iPhone 6S Plus=232.5ms.
- Internal storage: 64GB eMMC 5.1 storage test unit, 45.2GB available free space

Note: several reviews have stated preview model is not yet finished w/expected release due for speced Summer date. So processor lag is currently present, rear camera needs optimization and fingerprint sensor has yet to be incorporated into preview device. With that said, impressive possibilities here. HP is definitely presenting a model designed to do some business.

Last edited:

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I would want to be first in line for this phone except, it is just too big (and heavy). the specs are above "flagship and it looks amazing. if only it had a 5" or under twin it would indeed be perfect.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I swore I'd never buy another HP product ever since they ditched my favor phone (WebOS). However, now, I'll have to reconsider and let HP get back onto my good side I guess,

Sent from my Surface 3

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This looks like the BEST Windows Phone ever...Man, I hope it supports Verizon.... The 950XL is a joke compared to this phone's specs...

I've had HP 4705... Windows Mobile (WM 5.0/6.5)... Was a great device and never had a problem, it was also rated as one of the best WM (non-phone) device EVER. I manage servers for a living, HP servers are my favorite over dell and other models, I find them to be the most dependable and best built. I even own a DL380 G6 for home (and may I say, almost bullet proof, NEVER AN ISSUE).

Don't get me wrong, the cheap HP stuff is junk/lower quailty but, when they make an Elite product, it's normally their flagship stuff, so I would say this would be great stuff.

If Verizon offered me a choice of this phone and the 950XL, I would still lean towards the HP (specs), I would not be afraid grabbing a HP product over a Microsoft/Nokia product in a flagship device...

I guess we'll see reviews before it was released.

Vincent McLaughlin

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, HP knows that if they are going to reenter the phone market, they need to come correct the first time around. I realize that this phone is geared towards business and enterprise, but I just might put out for this phone. I'm currently rolling with the 1520, and I've been waiting for a phone like this. I would love to see the dedicated camera button, but again, it's directed more at the business and enterprise sectors.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This does look nice, especially with a bigger battery like that. Curious to see what MS come out with towards the end of the year but HP seem to be taking an interest in WP, which is exactly what we need!

fromdetroit7

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
great device, I hate the fact they are announcing it now with an availability of "late summer". I also have a feeling these specs won't be top of line by late summer any more and Windows phone needs a top of line device to compete with other phones to be unleashed in late summer, i.e. Note 6 & iPhone 7. Unfortunately, for it to become relevant (if that is a true goal) Windows devices must gain a decent share of press attention. A phone with similar specs to the aforementioned phones may be the only way.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Extended, very detailed spec list for HP Elite X3....almost everything you could think of.
HP Elite x3 - Specifications

Because the list is so extensive I won't post it all here, but since the camera info has been scarce and has been discussed/asked about I'll post it below

Rear Camera
EliteX3-PrimaryCameraSpecs.png

Front Camera
EliteX3-SecondaryCameraSpecs.png

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Under W10M, you can enable and sideload/install appx files.

Will HP allow that in their firmware? Open question. Remember, this is aimed at enterprise and they are screaming from the rooftops how secure it is... My guess: it would require some sort of permission beyond regular user level to sideload to the Elite X3 to keep security intact.

Further, until someone has one in hand and tests such Apps we have no way to know if they will work or how well.

It's almost a dead certainty that no Lumia branded Apps will be native.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
will this phone be supporting Lumia apps like Lumia camera, Lumia selfie, Lumia creative studio etc???

Under WM10 in the store the name "Lumia" is close to non-existent.
I'm sure native Microsoft phone apps will be pre-loaded somewhat.
Lumia Camera is now "Microsoft camera"
There is no Lumia selfie or Lumia Creative Studio proper because that is in Beta at this time.

The Lumia name is fading from existence sadly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro