Only 2 problems I see [HP Elite x3]

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah ok. I tought it was either 2 sims or 1 sim and sd card...
So..one can have 2 sims and sd card

HP Elite X3, Acer Liquid Jade Primo, Alcatel Idol Pro 4, Coship Moly Pcphone/Moly X1... These are all following the trend of an adaptive tray with two slots. Slot 2 forces the choice between SIM or SD. It also seems to have a correlation with sealed units.

Lumia design is retro in some areas so they have the removable back and 3 separate trays.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused about the absence of Glance. When you look at your phone, what do you see by way of notifications of activity? Nothing? Or when you hit the power button, do you see notifications on the lock screen?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused about the absence of Glance. When you look at your phone, what do you see by way of notifications of activity? Nothing? Or when you hit the power button, do you see notifications on the lock screen?

Lock Screen notifications are baked into the OS. Phones without Glance that are not Lumia still have this. I've used several.

Daniel Ponte

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Double tap to wake will be there...
Thank you! I had pre-ordered this device because of the speakers, larger size (my 950XL is too small) and desk extender. However, I was just wondering if double-tap-to-wake would be present.

Too bad it wont' have Glance Screen. I love that feature, if only for the time and to use the device as a night clock.

The SD card slot I can do without. I

CyberAngel777

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
think of it this way, from an enterprise stand point, with continuum on the device, I could easily see companies deploying this for say roaming sales staff that would travel client to client and may not be able to easily get to a charging point before said device gets low on battery.
If I was the head of an enterprise, this type of deal would be my major concern and need for having that second battery.
Now I can easily also see that you deploy a battery pack/bank (however you want to term that device) so said sales staff could plug into that bank and power up phone or other devices.
With that scenario, I could almost make the case why a sealed battery is better AND carrying the power pack/bank.

Yes ... maybe you could recharge that power pack from the HP Elite x3 ... ;-)

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Considering this is targeted to enterprise im not sure they considered a dedicated camera button a necessity.
I completely fail to see the logic. I'm a manager over an IT division in a very large County organization.

I and my staff use the camera all day long. While not a "deal breaker", the lack of camera button is quite discouraging.

Sent from mTalk

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I completely fail to see the logic. I'm a manager over an IT division in a very large County organization.

I and my staff use the camera all day long. While not a "deal breaker", the lack of camera button is quite discouraging.

Sent from mTalk

While not ideal I do like the lock screen camera button to quick-launch. It really feels like an in-between solution. By comparison, I find launching the iPhone's camera just tedious and cumbersome partially due to the screen rotation feature on the Plus.

loudog3114

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site

Sent from mTalk

Yes, its pretty ridiculous. If you take a walk around any enterprise... guess what people use; iPhones and Android phones. All of which are feature-rich. The "aimed at enterprise" argument for removing any and all useful features is ridiculous. They should only be adding features that the enterprise would find useful, not removing features users would find useful when they leave the office.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, its pretty ridiculous. If you take a walk around any enterprise... guess what people use; iPhones and Android phones. All of which are feature-rich. The "aimed at enterprise" argument for removing any and all useful features is ridiculous. They should only be adding features that the enterprise would find useful, not removing features users would find useful when they leave the office.

And how much productivity is wasted on FaceTwitSnapPokeGo? You are arguing for what people want, not what their employer wants to see them working on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99