Verizon support?

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Will this phone work on Verizon? The spec sheet didn't specify whether it supports CDMA or not. However, it's LTE bands do support 2/3 of Verizon's bands, especially the all important Band 13 which the Lumia 950 lacked. You generally have no reason to support Band 13 in North America unless your phone is supposed to work on Verizon.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Will this phone work on Verizon? The spec sheet didn't specify whether it supports CDMA or not. However, it's LTE bands do support 2/3 of Verizon's bands, especially the all important Band 13 which the Lumia 950 lacked. You generally have no reason to support Band 13 in North America unless your phone is supposed to work on Verizon.

Daniel mentioned in his hands on video that HP is working on getting the phone certified with Verizon. Which means that the hardware/bands are already there. It's just a matter of certification with Verizon. I'm sure Verizon certification is a priority for HP, as Verizon is a major carrier for enterprise. Hopefully it happens.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
The deal with the FCC means that Verizon has to allow the Elite X3 on their network if it gets certified by a third party. This happened with the Nexus 5X, 6P, and the Moto X Pure Edition. HP is not going to say it will work until they have it certified, but I'd imagine they will get that third party certification and Verizon will have no choice but to allow it.

I'm sure this is a consideration with HP. They apparently have around 60 business partners they are working with. Verizon has the largest presence with business of any of the carriers. I know of several major corporations that pay for service for employees that use Verizon and require it. That's where my connection is with VZW, in corporate sales. HP knows this as do their partners. But we're several months away from release, so we probably won't hear about certification until the phone is fully finalized and nearing shipment.

I would be very surprised if it's not able to work on Verizon. Of course, I thought the 950s would as well since CDMA tech is built into the Snapdragon 808 and 810. I wonder if Microsoft didn't certify it in order to leave the path clear for HP? Would not be surprised if HP serves most of the companies that have large contracts with Verizon. If MS knew HP was going to do this - and I'm sure they did - then they don't want to pre-empt them. Could be wrong there, but it may explain why Microsoft didn't do the third party cert.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
would be very surprised if it's not able to work on Verizon. Of course, I thought the 950s would as well since CDMA tech is built into the Snapdragon 808 and 810. I wonder if Microsoft didn't certify it in order to leave the path clear for HP? Would not be surprised if HP serves most of the companies that have large contracts with Verizon. If MS knew HP was going to do this - and I'm sure they did - then they don't want to pre-empt them. Could be wrong there, but it may explain why Microsoft didn't do the third party cert.

That makes a lot of sense

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
6 inches is awfully big. But if it works on Verizon, I'm definitely considering it.

I love love love my HTC One M8 for Windows Phone. But I'm ready to upgrade. The camera is the only reason I really want to upgrade as the HTC camera is a POS. Luckily, I can wait a bit longer to see if a Surface Phone comes out. I thought the Lumia 1520 was too big so this HP might be too big as well.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
6 inches is awfully big. But if it works on Verizon, I'm definitely considering it.

I love love love my HTC One M8 for Windows Phone. But I'm ready to upgrade. The camera is the only reason I really want to upgrade as the HTC camera is a POS. Luckily, I can wait a bit longer to see if a Surface Phone comes out. I thought the Lumia 1520 was too big so this HP might be too big as well.

Look for HTC's next Win 10 phone to be a Verizon.

Sent from my Surface 3

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
The HTC phones just look so stylish and can sit proudly next to all the iPhones and Android phones out there. I had the Icon before (twice actually) and while it's also a great phone (with a much better camera), I now consider the HTC superior overall. It's too bad that Windows Phone fans didn't give it much thought.

Everyone sees my phone and just goes, "oh, is that the HTC One M8?" and moves on, assuming it's the Android version. Little do they know... :winktongue:

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Look for HTC's next Win 10 phone to be a Verizon.

Sent from my Surface 3

I just want a high end phone on Verizon within the next 1.5 years. I've waited almost a year since my Verizon contract was up and I decided I couldn't wait any long since my Icon was falling apart. So I ended up upgrading to the Galaxy S6 in the meantime hoping that Verizon will carry a new flagship Windows Phone by the time my contract is up again. Hopefully by then there'll also be a Surface Phone available on Verizon too. If not, the HP phone will do just fine. And it should be cheaper too by the time my contract is up for renewal again.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
HP Elite x3 Windows Phone FAQ - Your questions answered | Windows Central

Although HP is aiming this phone squarely (and solely) at businesses, yes, consumers will be able to buy it too.

Details are limited, but you should be able to purchase the phone direct through HP and even Microsoft, who will more than likely sell the phone through their online and physical retail stores.

At this time, there is no reason to expect traditional consumer retail chains or carriers to stock this phone. This lack of availability is a good thing as it means there is a lot less pressure from the consumer market on HP.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
what, not better to wait for the x86 phone from MS?

Not sure at this point. How a x86 processor is going to work on a phone, what apps it can run, etc. I could get this phone, RDP into my home computer where ever I am...and I have a full X86 phone anyway :)

Not sure on x86 on a phone at this point, not too many phones use it (do any right now ?) and in the early stages of the chips, it might be buggy.

Rumor is we should heard about the so called x86 phone pretty soon so maybe we'll have some specs before this phone hits the market...

Bbeelzebub

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
My Note 4 seems so small. I'm dying to leave Google behind and dump Android. This may be the phone that allows me to do that. If the camera is up to snuff, I think it will make the decision even easier.

(I don't really care about apps as I use so few anyhow.)

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Not sure at this point. How a x86 processor is going to work on a phone, what apps it can run, etc. I could get this phone, RDP into my home computer where ever I am...and I have a full X86 phone anyway :)

Not sure on x86 on a phone at this point, not too many phones use it (do any right now ?) and in the early stages of the chips, it might be buggy.

Rumor is we should heard about the so called x86 phone pretty soon so maybe we'll have some specs before this phone hits the market...

what is that?

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
My Note 4 seems so small. I'm dying to leave Google behind and dump Android. This may be the phone that allows me to do that. If the camera is up to snuff, I think it will make the decision even easier.

(I don't really care about apps as I use so few anyhow.)

depends what you are expected from phone camera....it might not be

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure it could. It may even get offered to Vzw business accounts. Will it ever be in your local Vzw store???

As long as I can get one that works on Verizon, I don't much care where I buy it. A posting above mentions that MS may have passed on Verizon because of the HP inroads to the enterprise market. A market that MS dominates in the standard Win 10 useage. I think this makes sense and if we see a beefed up MS phone, I would be very surprised.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb