Unfortunately the camera is most definitely going to be bad. On HP's website they brag about the camera having a flash and that's it. This could be a deal breaker for consumers like us. Do we really want a phone that does everything except it takes bad pictures? No mention of any special technology in the camera.
    02-24-2016 06:29 PM
    What are you looking for to call a camera good or bad?? I don't anything to support.
    I am sure consumers will be standing in line for a $1500 phone, not
    02-24-2016 06:33 PM
    If it lacks OIS, then it will obviously be a step below many other cameras. As mentioned before though, a phone aimed primarily at the business sector won't prioritize a top class camera.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-24-2016 08:07 PM
    I think it's probably a fair assumption to say that the camera will suck. The phone is aimed at businesses and businesses aren't worried about selfies.
    Last edited by HeyCori; 02-28-2016 at 07:34 AM.
    Guytronic likes this.
    02-27-2016 10:39 PM
    That camera will be decent. I think they'll improve it based on the reactions they've gotten so far.

Guytronic and ayngling like this.
    02-28-2016 11:05 AM
    There's worse cameras out there.
    Why short the camera features when the phone is such a beast.
    This device might need a very capable camera for scanning or photographic detail within business\Gov't usage.

HP isn't done with the hardware yet anyway so who can really say.
    RumoredNow, mark233 and xandros9 like this.
    02-28-2016 02:05 PM
    There's worse cameras out there.
    Why short the camera features when the phone is such a beast.
    This device might need a very capable camera for scanning or photographic detail within business\Gov't usage.

HP isn't done with the hardware yet anyway so who can really say.
    I use CamScanner more than any other app over the course of a day and even on the Blu Win HD LTE, it produces stellar PDF scans. I've used ScanToPDF on my 808 PureView and the images are horrible. I hope they don't skimp too much on the photo prowess of this otherwise beast of a phone. BlackBerry made that same mistake for too long before righting the ship with the Passport. The Priv is a worthy challenger to my dearly departed 1520 so they've learned their lesson. I hope HP is listening.
    Guytronic likes this.
    02-28-2016 02:41 PM
    Doubt if it's bad, doesn't have to be the greatest just as long as it's decent I'm fine

Sent from mTalk
    02-28-2016 03:04 PM
    If it lacks OIS, then it will obviously be a step below many other cameras. As mentioned before though, a phone aimed primarily at the business sector won't prioritize a top class camera.

Apparently it will ship with OIS.
    Sedp23 likes this.
    02-28-2016 03:04 PM
    Unfortunately the camera is most definitely going to be bad. On HP's website they brag about the camera having a flash and that's it. This could be a deal breaker for consumers like us. Do we really want a phone that does everything except it takes bad pictures? No mention of any special technology in the camera.
    Sigh, It will have a pretty good camera, Not the best in the world but, respectable. 16MP with OIS, it should do OK, and that is they have not said anything else about what is under the hood. The optics might be upgraded, and there are a few other aspects on a prototype phone that WILL CHANGE.

I hate how people just BASH something when they really have NO CLUE on it. No one here has a CLUE, even the people on this site who reviewed the phone....IT"S A FREAKING PROTOTYPE NOT A FINAL PRODUCT. Only people who MIGHT know are the HP people who are finalizing the feature set for the phone.

I would not be shocked if it beats out the iPhone 6+, and it does that, it would be a good camera in most people's eyes...
    02-29-2016 08:22 PM
    To me, Decent camera and good battery life are one and two.
    specs shmecks.
    03-10-2016 04:54 PM
    I use a camera all the time for my job. I have to take pictures of equipment, etc. On my HTC One M8, it's terrible with no OIS. Everything turns out super blurry. My Lumia 640 XL is much better. The point is, people use the camera on their phone for business. It doesn't have to be incredible, but it does have to be decent.
    03-25-2016 11:17 AM
    I use a camera all the time for my job. I have to take pictures of equipment, etc. On my HTC One M8, it's terrible with no OIS. Everything turns out super blurry. My Lumia 640 XL is much better. The point is, people use the camera on their phone for business. It doesn't have to be incredible, but it does have to be decent.
    EXACTLY ! I would bet it has a good camera that is very respectable in quality. Maybe not 950XL level but, pretty close.

Still shocked how people here who DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE can claim the camera will be bad....I read it on the internet, it MUST be true :-\
    03-29-2016 12:53 PM
    FFS. It is built for business. It is NOT intended for retail. It is for productivity in an enterprise environment. As long as the camera is half decent that's OK with an enterprise device.

I just don't get it. A year ago this platform was said to be dead, and everyone was spouting their hatred of MS for letting it die. Fast forward to now... New devices, new OS, OEM's on board, and all people can do is to believe things they read on the Web, most of which is fabricated, embellished or just downright ludicrous.

An 8 megpix would suit an enterprise device. I dare say it will be higher res than that. Hang on, I've just googled it and it's got a gazzilion gb of ram, storage isn't an issue as it has its own cloud onboard...
    03-29-2016 01:34 PM
    See this is the problem. I think lots of people here have old-fashioned outdated views of "Business" & Enterprise. Not everyone who works in Business is an accountant who only needs access to Microsoft Excel lol.

In 2016 the Camera is hugely important especially in Modern Business/Enterprise

Examples of Business Camera Usage:
    • A Cupcake Store Owner Tweeting today's Cake of the Day
    • A Product Buyer travelling to China taking photos of potential sourced items
    • A Conference Manager taking audience photos for promotion material
    • A Tree Engineer taking photos of storm damage
    • A Clothing Shop Dresser sending Samples of her Store's Window to Head Office
    • A Gym Personal Trainer recording copies of paper waiver signatures

The problem is most people associate Business with 90's corporate enterprise. Snapchat is another missing App that nearly all the top businesses now use for promotion including Banks! Sure, HP may sell Elite X3's to lots of traditional corporate teams but there is also a huge opportunity to target more businesses including SME's and Solo Entrepreneurs. Perhaps that is what the "family of Elite devices" will do, but even so, a Camera that is at least as good quality as a Nexus 6P (2015) should be expected in Summer 2016. I really hope HP can deliver this amazing device.
    Shadowseekr27 likes this.
    05-09-2016 05:03 PM
    I believe this whole thread was a rush to judgement and we don't have all the facts in yet...

When unveiling plans for this device at MWC, HO focused on the extendability factors and barely talked about camera.

On HP's website they brag about the camera having a flash and that's it.
    I'm sure the camera will be decent at a minimum, and until we have the actual camera specs and some sample pics it is very hard to say"The camera will be bad :(" and have that stick any better than "The camera will be the best."

There just is no evidence either way yet.

I'll go ahead and moderate some of the FUD in the title...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-09-2016 06:50 PM
    Are there phones with the same camera specs? Those photo samples would show what to expect for this phone, wouldn't it?
    05-20-2016 07:55 AM
    Are there phones with the same camera specs? Those photo samples would show what to expect for this phone, wouldn't it?
    Yes and no. You would have to find the same module, with the same Firmware applied to it (yes, OEMs may "tweak" a camera module with software) shooting through the same camera App on the same OS version.

I'm not sure anyone can line that up just now.
    05-20-2016 01:45 PM