HP Elite availability

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
A LOT of people are excited about this phone and all the specs it carries, but I'm actually worried about general availability. Is this gonna be marketed to consumers? Because I thought I read that this was ONLY being marketed (and consequently, supplied) to businesses, and wouldn't be available to the average consumer to purchase?

rnrmf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
My understanding is that although it will be sold through enterprise changes mainly, consumers will be able to purchase direct from HP (maybe also some resellers/distributors). HP won't be spending the cash on consumer marketing though.

ikvn

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
August 2016.... HP don't mess it up. I'm saving up and I'll have to even wait a bit longer for a possible price drop. Me and my cheap *** 😅

ikvn

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Good luck for price drop if the phone sells good.
Haha ikr, if this phone sells good like am expecting it to... Then the price won't be dropping early... But I've already played out a bunch of scenarios. I could even wait till January 2016 if the price is high at $750-850.

Would gladly get it early if the price is between 600-700

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
WOW, the release date is suppose to be august? WTH. Announce in jan and release 8 month later?

My excitement is allready wearing off. I can usually stay excited for about a month before i move on.

ikvn

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
WOW, the release date is suppose to be august? WTH. Announce in jan and release 8 month later?

My excitement is allready wearing off. I can usually stay excited for about a month before i move on.
Lmao honestly, it gives them enough time to get things right and maybe by then Windows 10 mobile would be more stable. But still!!!! 8 MONTHS damn! I think it's even September.

Hopefully it's a reasonable launch price

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday we had a good news: HP Elite x3 will be available in Taiwan this September:
?????Phablet????????? | ???? | 20160407 | ????
(Sorry, this news was written in Traditional Chinese)

I think I may give Microsoft Lumia 950 couple months, if months later Lumia 950 series are still not available in Taiwan, then......bye bye Lumia 950, hello Hp Elite x3!!

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
My understanding is that although it will be sold through enterprise changes mainly, consumers will be able to purchase direct from HP (maybe also some resellers/distributors). HP won't be spending the cash on consumer marketing though.

Now May 3, 2016 - the last rumor was "might be moved up to June versus August"???

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Screenshot (347).png

Well, I poked around for a few minutes and found these two new updates:

1) HP Elite X3 Release Date, Price and Specs - CNET

2) MOST encouraging = the official HP site with "Notify me" and "surprisingly" the signup did NOT ask "how big your company is"?

HP Elite x3 PC Tablets ? Elite Business Laptops and PC Tablets ? HP Official Site

Traditionally, the "Enterprise sales cycle" goes into a summer lull after mid- July and really doesn't pick back up until mid-September = for maximum effect, HP should launch in June - don't know if manufacturing has begun yet as that would be a key indicator.

ikvn

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
83cee29e2371ad5cf4483c391e30f783.jpg

Spoke with a rep and she said the phone would be available soon enough. I think July/August

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs