HP Elite availability

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
HP "could be the Microsoft SAVIOR" - OR - HP will get scared off !!!

I spent 15 years at HP and "I BELIEVE" that the HP Elite X3 *** WILL SELL TENS OF MILLIONS *** to businesses of all shapes and sizes !!!

ESPECIALLY ENTERPRISE !!!

Global smartphone sales figures published by Gartner show that Windows-based devices have a market share of just 0.7 percent. The latest figures cover the first quarter of 2016 and reveal that fewer than 2.4 million handsets with Microsoft's OS installed were sold.

Microsoft's share of the mobile market plummets to below 1% as Android continues to rise

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I honestly believe the only shot HP has at moving tens of millions is by following the same inadvertent strategy they had with the last HP phone that had a "3" in the name.

(I mean the firesale part, not the "stopped making them" part.)

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I honestly believe the only shot HP has at moving tens of millions is by following the same inadvertent strategy they had with the last HP phone that had a "3" in the name.

Well, I disagree as HP's "Enterprise sales channel" is enormous and worldwide. The "Enterprise feature set" alone will cause many large companies to purchase significant quantities to offset the BYOD effect which lead to a total loss of "corporate information and security". This is exactly how Blackberry penetrated the Enterprise while everyone else - including Microsoft - was asleep!

But, even our small consultancy would opt for a "true Enterprise class phone"!

Yes, and many OEMs like Dell, Samsung, etc. will be carefully watching how successful - or unsuccessful - HP becomes during the launch that appears to be coming soon.

Yes, Samsung and many of the Android OEMs as well - but, the HP Elite X3 is "perfect" to start a revolution back towards Windows - or at least I personally hope - as then Microsoft's "Mobile FIRST, Cloud first" is truly dead. Satya Nadella sure appears to be far too smart to let that happen under his leadership!

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

That was sooooo uncalled for. Vive Le Pre3!!!

Stef8600

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Isn't that phone announced with fingerprint reader? This will be supported in Windows 10 Mobile as of Redstone. So releasing it before redstone is officially released wouldn't be smart.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Isn't that phone announced with fingerprint reader? This will be supported in Windows 10 Mobile as of Redstone. So releasing it before redstone is officially released wouldn't be smart.

Well releasing stuff with the promise of a feature later isn't unheard of. I expect it to ship with Redstone though, perhaps before it launches on current devices.

kevin taylor12

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by anywhereanytime
HP "could be the Microsoft SAVIOR" - OR - HP will get scared off !!!

I spent 15 years at HP and "I BELIEVE" that the HP Elite X3 *** WILL SELL TENS OF MILLIONS *** to businesses of all shapes and sizes !!!

ESPECIALLY ENTERPRISE !!!

Global smartphone sales figures published by Gartner show that Windows-based devices have a market share of just 0.7 percent. The latest figures cover the first quarter of 2016 and reveal that fewer than 2.4 million handsets with Microsoft's OS installed were sold.

Microsoft's share of the mobile market plummets to below 1% as Android continues to rise
So when will we see this released?

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Some Czech company said June. I don't see why they would release the phone before Redstone release. But really, I can't wait anymore. I need to take the next exit and go pee...Wait what are we talking about again?

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Chances are that the phone itself will be ready and beautiful in June. MSFT will probably launch Redstone some time in early 2017 just based on their history with updates and big things.

Yes I exaggerate but I fear if HP waits for Redstone (which I am 100% convinced will get botched at release) their phone will be outdated on arrival.

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I have confirmation that this phone will in fact ship with a dumb fingerprint sensor that will eventually be enabled with an update in Fall 2016.
Oh I am such a stalker :) scavenging the web for any info on my baby

in fact, ask me any questions about the Elite X3 and I'll give you an answer. This phone might also come in a gold color and might release in June. I was told 2-4 weeks

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited:

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I have confirmation that this phone will in fact ship with a dumb fingerprint sensor that will eventually be enabled with an update in Fall 2016.

in fact, ask me any questions about the Elite X3 and I'll give you an answer. This phone might also come in a gold color and might release in June. I was told 2-4 weeks

Here's my question...what's taking so long for summer to get here so this thing can get released? Lol. I too am combing the internets (all of them) for any news on the x3...

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Here's my question...what's taking so long for summer to get here so this thing can get released? Lol. I too am combing the internets (all of them) for any news on the x3...

Lol I don't know about that but I do know the phone will release next month and due to that fact, the fingerprint scanner will not work until the anniversary update arrives. I'll just hold back and get it when it ships with the update

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
This phone will also have a host of accessories like a passive stylus, gigabit Ethernet adapter, HDMI adapter and so on. The non removable battery is also looking to be quite the performer. Can't wait for reviews

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site

I would suspect that HP will release as soon as they can - like June - as their sales teams will need months of demos to overcome the "damage" that Microsoft has created and all of the negative Press about Windows Phone "is dead".

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

Adjaero, I think the HUGE question for me and others is will the HP X3 Elite have all the active radios necessary to be activated on the Verizon Wireless network in the US? If so, do you know if this will be able to be activated immediately upon release on Verizon, or at some point further down the road?

Any and all info is truly appreciated.​

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss