HP Elite availability

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I would suspect that HP will release as soon as they can - like June - as their sales teams will need months of demos to overcome the "damage" that Microsoft has created and all of the negative Press about Windows Phone "is dead".

Lol true. The negative press is beyond irritating

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Adjaero, I think the HUGE question for me and others is will the HP X3 Elite have all the active radios necessary to be activated on the Verizon Wireless network in the US? If so, do you know if this will be able to be activated immediately upon release on Verizon, or at some point further down the road?

Any and all info is truly appreciated.​

Hate to be the bearer of bad news man but it says no CDMA 1X and EVDO, No SVLTE, No TD-SCDMA.
So am guessing it won't be coming to Verizon or Sprint, at least not on the initial release.

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
This phone and its accessories are the only reason I am considering staying on Windows for mobile.

My thinking is that I will either get the X3 'Laptop' + X3 phone or if HP sell separately X3 'Laptop' + Lumia 950 (now discounted and more manageable size) providing that the laptop extender is compatible with the 950s continuum. The Lumias processor and RAM is weaker than the X3 though, so I'll likely get the HP phone providing the Camera is good enough.

My vision is that I will be able to remote desktop my full desktop Windows 10 pro PC to work from anywhere with these devices. This feels like the future. The only other concern I have is that maybe this would be slightly unhealthy for me in that work/leisure time will have zero boundary lol. Perhaps I'll get a iPod Touch or cheap Moto G to carry around for fun and missing apps. I don't know but this X3 certainly sounds like the future to me.

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hate to be the bearer of bad news man but it says no CDMA 1X and EVDO, No SVLTE, No TD-SCDMA.
So am guessing it won't be coming to Verizon or Sprint, at least not on the initial release.

Since the phone hasn't be formally released yet, isn't it possible that the radios are there - how do we know for sure as it would be ridiculous for HP to target Enterprise and NOT has ALL US carriers?

I have read numerous technical posts that stated that the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor "has ALL of the radios built-in" but must be enabled via firmware and certified to operate on Verizon's network.

This was an extensive debate on the Lumia 950 XL discussion boards. The general conclusion was that the 950XL and 950 "both had all of the radios" but EITHER Microsoft - OR - Verizon or BOTH just couldn't come to terms and Microsoft chose NOT to independently "certify".

Another perspective that was discussed was that when Verizon WON the 700 MHz "spectrum auction" that Verizon can NOT "block any certified phone"?

This is a long running and deep discussion topic - and I doubt that HP "will cave to Verizon" and LOSE hundreds of millions of dollars of sales to large Enterprises.

We shall soon see !!!

Last edited:

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Since the phone hasn't be formally released yet, isn't it possible that the radios are there - how do we know for sure as it would be ridiculous for HP to target Enterprise and NOT has ALL US carriers?

I have read numerous technical posts that stated that the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor "has ALL of the radios built-in" but must be enabled via firmware and certified to operate on Verizon's network.

This was an extensive debate on the Lumia 950 XL discussion boards. The general conclusion was that the 950XL and 950 "both had all of the radios" but EITHER Microsoft - OR - Verizon or BOTH just couldn't come to terms and Microsoft chose NOT to independently "certify".

Another perspective that was discussed was that when Verizon WON the 700 MHz "spectrum auction" that Verizon can NOT "block any certified phone"?

This is a long running and deep discussion topic - and I doubt that HP "will cave to Verizon" and LOSE hundreds of millions of dollars of sales to large Enterprises.

We shall soon see !!!

Lol, I do hope it comes to verizon but I am certain it won't be coming at launch. Hopefully they get it to work with a firmware update!! I think the S820 does have all the radios so it is certainly possible!

I say I am certain because it specifically states that on the document I have

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
This phone and its accessories are the only reason I am considering staying on Windows for mobile.

My thinking is that I will either get the X3 'Laptop' + X3 phone or if HP sell separately X3 'Laptop' + Lumia 950 (now discounted and more manageable size) providing that the laptop extender is compatible with the 950s continuum. The Lumias processor and RAM is weaker than the X3 though, so I'll likely get the HP phone providing the Camera is good enough.

My vision is that I will be able to remote desktop my full desktop Windows 10 pro PC to work from anywhere with these devices. This feels like the future. The only other concern I have is that maybe this would be slightly unhealthy for me in that work/leisure time will have zero boundary lol. Perhaps I'll get a iPod Touch or cheap Moto G to carry around for fun and missing apps. I don't know but this X3 certainly sounds like the future to me.

Assuming X3 "laptop" means the lap dock (that laptop powered by the phone), then yes it will be sold separately as an accessory. But I don't know if it would work with other phones or if it only works with the elite X3... HOPEFULLY it works with others like the 950/XL
The package comes with the X3 phone, a 10W (5V/2A) charger and a USB-A to C cable.
As for the camera, it's a 16.0MP f 2.0 one with low light capabilities (HAS PDAF and should have OIS as well) so it should be okay

elgigante

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I have confirmation that this phone will in fact ship with a dumb fingerprint sensor that will eventually be enabled with an update in Fall 2016.
Oh I am such a stalker :) scavenging the web for any info on my baby

in fact, ask me any questions about the Elite X3 and I'll give you an answer. This phone might also come in a gold color and might release in June. I was told 2-4 weeks

The HP Elite x3 can be purchased by anyone? Or just for companies?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The HP Elite x3 can be purchased by anyone? Or just for companies?

Initial speculation says that in addition to enterprise channels, the Elite X3 and accessories will be offered to private individuals via HP website and possibly at Microsoft Store online and retail centers.

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info ... are these same sales reps saying "any timeframe"?

Nope, I even asked from different locations to be a bit certain. Lady from Singapore said 4 weeks (June), same thing with the rep from the UK and then the one in the US said 2-4 weeks. So I just assumed June or July. But then I have a document that states that the finger print scanner will not work until an update in Fall 2016, so I concluded that the device would indeed ship early and then that update would be the anniversary update that comes at the end of summer

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
They are most likely going to wait for the Anniversary update, that will also bring fingerprint scanner comparability, so most definitely in august, i may be wrong too :p

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
When will you guys believe me lol

Hey, I've always believed you. Now get off your high horse and lets continue trolling the internets (George Bush said there was more than one...i believe him too) for more info on this fantastical phone known as the HP Elite x3!

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I've always believed you. Now get off your high horse and lets continue trolling the internets (George Bush said there was more than one...i believe him too) for more info on this fantastical phone known as the HP Elite x3!

hahahahaha am not kidding. At the other Verizon support section someone implied I was full of it (****) when I said there might not be support for Verizon at launch, I get that people like to make vague claims (and trolls) on internet forums but.... ha, whatever.... On to the next piece of info I can find for my next phone. I just got a lumia 640 and sold my Nexus 5x (that was bye bye to Android), the Elite X3 just seems like well made all round smartphone and I just hope the battery doesn't disappoint :)

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
hahahahaha am not kidding. At the other Verizon support section someone implied I was full of it (****) when I said there might not be support for Verizon at launch, I get that people like to make vague claims (and trolls) on internet forums but.... ha, whatever.... On to the next piece of info I can find for my next phone. I just got a lumia 640 and sold my Nexus 5x (that was bye bye to Android), the Elite X3 just seems like well made all round smartphone and I just hope the battery doesn't disappoint :)
I know I know. I'm just playing with you. Thanks for the info you bring. After that new HP video showed up I think you'll be proven right soon enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99