HP Elite availability

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Knowing Verizon, there "could be" an HP Elite v3 - not x3 - or an HP Verizon Elite x3 "EXCLUSIVELY" for Verizon just like the Lumia ICON (929) versus the 930.

Is that a possibility?

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
This phone will also have a host of accessories like a passive stylus, gigabit Ethernet adapter, HDMI adapter and so on. The non removable battery is also looking to be quite the performer. Can't wait for reviews

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

So, which carriers in the US will get the Elite x3 according to what you have discovered?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow! I am back after a long 6 months break and lots have changed.
I have been following WP news from the sidelines and am very sure that the Elite X3 will be released in the last week of June.
Currently have an iPhone along with all my Lumia phones. The iPhone will be sold when the X3 is released.

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
So, which carriers in the US will get the Elite x3 according to what you have discovered?

I may be wrong, but I don't think the 'consumer side' of the US networks will be stocking the x3, but their Business division may have if you sign up to a business cell account.

From what I understand, HP will sell the x3 Bundles to normal consumers but only with a upfront price and direct from HP's website only. So for example, I doubt you'll find a $199 upfront deal etc from Verizon's consumer stores.

As for release date all signs suggest it is launching very soon with both Microsoft and HP releasing videos and suppliers on Amazon already stocking 3rd party docks etc. The strange thing is though... I have still yet yet to see the actual finger print scanner on the final models? Even if they are waiting for Microsoft's OS update, I'd expect to have seen images of the final device with the rear fingerprint scanner by now?

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

I have no idea if this will be sold through carriers. Personally, I buy unlocked phones. There have been no mention of carriers so I guess it's unlocked directly from HP FOR NOW

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Well latest Dan Rubino article said only HP and Microsoft will be selling them, that and they won't be doing any consumer marketing will cut down on overhead costs which will keep the price from going over the top...so that's something. But since it is an enterprise product, I'm sure they will be marketing to businesses in a big way. So far, it's been HP website, a few YouTube videos, and 2 appearances at conventions. But the buzz on the internet is really picking up. I like it.

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Well latest Dan Rubino article said only HP and Microsoft will be selling them, that and they won't be doing any consumer marketing will cut down on overhead costs which will keep the price from going over the top...so that's something. But since it is an enterprise product, I'm sure they will be marketing to businesses in a big way. So far, it's been HP website, a few YouTube videos, and 2 appearances at conventions. But the buzz on the internet is really picking up. I like it.

While Verizon has a "strong ANTI US Windows Phone consumer" stance in the US = are GODS and "dictate" what you get and do NOT get ...

I know that the Fortune 1000 do NOT see Verizon in the same "light"!

Last edited:

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had a call with our corporate HP rep today and asked about it during the call. Their internal documentation has a "planned" street date of 8/8/16.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
And what about Verizon? Which US carriers WILL be available?

Actually, why doesn't HP create it's own MVNO ???
HP has been consistently losing money over the past several years. It has shed many of its former divisions. It isn't economically feasible for HP to start a MVNO for a new product that might not be a success.

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
And what about Verizon? Which US carriers WILL be available?

Actually, why doesn't HP create it's own MVNO ???

They didn't have info on carrier compatibility. He did state that as far as he knows there are no plans for it to be sold straight from the carriers themselves.

Next week they will be on site for a visit and I can probe for additional details then. We've made it pretty clear to them to keep us in the loop on any additional details moving forward.

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
They didn't have info on carrier compatibility. He did state that as far as he knows there are no plans for it to be sold straight from the carriers themselves.

Next week they will be on site for a visit and I can probe for additional details then. We've made it pretty clear to them to keep us in the loop on any additional details moving forward.

Thanks for your update. It sounds like you work for a large Enterprise and it will be interesting to see ho this all play out "VERY soon"! I spent 15 years at HP in "Global Accounts sales" and - unless HP has changed dramatically - HP is NOT just pitching the Elite x3 but a rather a "whole end-to-end solution" to solve some "business opportunity"!

The Elite x3 is "simply a mobile endpoint" to "connect to the solution" = Verizon, as a "carrier", should be like a mere fly on an elephant!

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
HP has been consistently losing money over the past several years. It has shed many of its former divisions. It isn't economically feasible for HP to start a MVNO for a new product that might not be a success.

I would suggest that because of the "previous fiasco" that the "old HP had with a smartphone" that they have already had plenty of large customers committed to buying. Unlike the "consumer market", the Enterprise market makes decisions many months in advance!

As far as a MVNOs ... it may not be a huge obstacle ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators

Of course, WHY would Verizon turn down HP "if HP could guarantee a certain level of sales" - Verizon "retail would NOT be involved most likely"? Verizon would just supply the "data pipe plumbing which they already do anyway"1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss