HP Elite availability

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
According to phonearena it looks like the phone might arrive sooner than August : The HP Elite X3 is just around the corner, new Bluetooth and Wi-Fi certifications reveal
Personally, I can't wait for X3. I moved from Android phones to Blackberry Pasport SE which is the best phone/OS I ever had but...it is going EOL soon and apps support from developers already dropping. I hope Windows phone won't disappoint me

Well, we are getting closer and closer. Eventually HP, "has to make some sort of announcement" about timing, carriers and price. I signed up to be notified several times - nothing to date!

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
According to phonearena it looks like the phone might arrive sooner than August : The HP Elite X3 is just around the corner, new Bluetooth and Wi-Fi certifications reveal
Personally, I can't wait for X3. I moved from Android phones to Blackberry Pasport SE which is the best phone/OS I ever had but...it is going EOL soon and apps support from developers already dropping. I hope Windows phone won't disappoint me
I know what you mean. Came from a z30 myself. Loved it. Was waiting for BB to get it in gear, but then I realized that BB is going all Android, app developers and BB programmers dropping faster than rain in a hurricane, and the only marketing that is being done is by John Chen (its like he's everywhere the name Blackberry pops up, he's in the news more often then actual Blackberry products!!..makes me wonder if he IS the product). Anyway, I am burned out on John Chen. Then I see this thing about Continuum, and I'm thinking...THIS should have been Blackberry Blend...now rocking this 950xl and looking forward to seeing W10 products come out of the woodwork now that it's just about over it's one year growing pain (MS products are notorious for that first year of...ugh...then they get better). Bring on the Elite x3 and Anniversary update!!

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
That may be what HP is waiting for, to roll out the x3 with the Anniversary update. Now that would be a cool thing, just hope it is available on Verizon Wireless, or else I am going to have to wait till AT&T get more towers in my area.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I certainly hope they announce it soon. I am rocking a 950 I bought new cheap in wait for the hp. Sold my iPhone 6s plus and selling my MacBook pro tomorrow. Got my xps15 today... 4k screen, 6th gen i7 6900, 1tb ssd, 32gb ddr4 ram, 2gm dedicated gpu, Beast. Bring it on hp. I just hope they don't ruin the camera experience.

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Thats also waht i am Scared about... The 950s have such a Fantastic Camera, i don't want to go back to Something which is much worse...
HP and Microsoft are 2 different companies. Lumia's have often been known for good cameras. Microsoft took over the Lumia brand when they bought it from Nokia. HP has nothing to do with Lumia, so how can HP ruin Lumia's run on good cameras? It is with Microsoft who can ruin or continue the run on good cameras especially with their Surface phones coming next year. You with me so far? Point is, your comment is best used with Microsofts new and upcoming phones, not HPs.

Now, as far as I know, HP has never put out an awesome camera on a phone, and they are not trying to claim it will. So really the elite x3 could have HP's best phone camera to date. Low bar I know.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
HP and Microsoft are 2 different companies. Lumia's have often been known for good cameras. Microsoft took over the Lumia brand when they bought it from Nokia. HP has nothing to do with Lumia, so how can HP ruin Lumia's run on good cameras? It is with Microsoft who can ruin or continue the run on good cameras especially with their Surface phones coming next year. You with me so far? Point is, your comment is best used with Microsofts new and upcoming phones, not HPs.

Now, as far as I know, HP has never put out an awesome camera on a phone, and they are not trying to claim it will. So really the elite x3 could have HP's best phone camera to date. Low bar I know.

I Think you missunderstood me. I don't wanted to Say HP will ruin Lumias Cameras. i know we talk about two different Companies. But i want to Switch to the HP Elite x3 cause of its Overall Hardware but i also want a Capable Camera and i am hoping HP can Deliver Something good (It's OK if its not as good as a 950 Camera). A good Camera is always something People want from a Modern High End Smartphone even the Business Customers. (I work in Smartphone Suppport for a Bigger Company).

For Microsoft i hope they can Improve the 950 Camera further for the Surface Phone! This Device have to be nearly Perfect in any way to lice up to the Hype and the Big Surface Name otherwise the Reviews will be bad followed by hte Sales.

ayngling

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I know what you mean. Came from a z30 myself. Loved it. Was waiting for BB to get it in gear, but then I realized that BB is going all Android, app developers and BB programmers dropping faster than rain in a hurricane, [...] Then I see this thing about Continuum, and I'm thinking...THIS should have been Blackberry Blend...now rocking this 950xl!

Same thing here, got a Lumia 950 after using a BlackBerry Q10 for years (a Q10 with 950 internals and Windows 10 would be my perfect phone). I tried the BlackBerry PRIV with android, and although I'd claim the software enhancements make it the most productive (and secure) android phone on the market, Windows 10 feels a lot better, closer to BB10.

Dan Ramirez

May 29, 2014
Visit site
That's what she said..lol. I hear ya though...I don't understand why announce something and make folks wait for so long that they no longer care for it. I am waiting for this device although I will most likely upgrade again when the Surface Phone ships...if it ever does. I tell you one thing, I've had my L1520 now for about 1yr after using a L920 as my daily driver for over 2 years and this L1520 is solid. I've only had to replace my screen because I dropped it a few times. I really hope this HP device is as good as I am expecting it to be.

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Finally got an email about the x3 from HP, because I signed up for notifications on the website. But it doesn't say anything new and the link just goes to the same old website on HP that has the "Notify Me" button. But it's something lol.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
By the time it is released. The phone specs will be outdated and the iPhone 7 and Note 7 will be announced and available :-/

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
So I get the 100th post (I am an even guy :p) found that pdf that has a whole bunch of info on the phone, battery life from their tests seems pretty good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs