HP Elite availability

psustudent21

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
This is the dagger in this phone! NO Cdma support?? Why is HP limiting their customers? HP needs every business that uses phones able to get them. Leaving the largest carrier out of that is just a dumb decision. What are they thinking? Every phone today has universal radios.

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Finally got an email about the x3 from HP, because I signed up for notifications on the website. But it doesn't say anything new and the link just goes to the same old website on HP that has the "Notify Me" button. But it's something lol.

Didn't get any but I shared the pdf which pretty much has abundant info on the phone. I expect it to be out in August latest!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the specs sheet.

Btw, the 0.6W speakers let me down, but I'm still waiting for reviews when this phone is finally released.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Doubt it. Perhaps the note will give it a run for the money, but the iPhone? No frigging way.
The iPhone 6s plus is already the best smart phone available. The ecosystem plus stellar camera and specs does give it a run for it's money. Not only will it give it a run for it's money but the current model is already better. Continuum is a notch feature which many won't use.

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the specs sheet.

Btw, the 0.6W speakers let me down, but I'm still waiting for reviews when this phone is finally released.

I really don't know much about speakers, are the dual 0.6w underwhelming?
I too am waiting for reviews, I got the one plus 3 as I have always used android and Windows Mobile interchangeably. Maybe I'll get the Elite sometime down the road.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 6s plus is already the best smart phone available. The ecosystem plus stellar camera and specs does give it a run for it's money. Not only will it give it a run for it's money but the current model is already better. Continuum is a notch feature which many won't use.

The 6s is by far not the best smartphone on the market and actually its camera is underwhelming to say the least, most current flagships out perform it. The only phone that comes close to the 950 series camera is the oneplus 3 but the 950 still edges it out.

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
not the best smart phone.. Samsung S7 outperforms it with a better camera and better overall specs.. Apple is a better brand and a very stellar performer!!!

Please let this Thread clean of such useless Discussions which Phone is the Best (there are Hundrets of this Threads and no Phone will ever be a clear Winner!). This Thread should only be about the Elite x3 and it's Avaiblity, it's really Important for me and also my Company.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Best thing I ever did was leave Verizon like a bad load of asphalt as soon as my contract was up. I don't regret leaving for one minute. I get no dropouts or lack of coverage from AT&T and my bill is less, so I'm happy.

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well my guess is Verizon could care less about windows phones as they have never really been interested in windows phones.

I would imagine most carriers could care less about Windows Phone given the tiny user base. But Microsoft should care, and in this case HP should care. I work for a fortune 100 company and we do millions of dollars in business with HP every year. All of our corporate phones in the US are on Verizon as I would imagine are many large companies. If you want to sell as many phones as possible to businesses, you need to to target all the major carriers businesses use.

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Well my guess is Verizon could care less about windows phones as they have never really been interested in windows phones.
Why do you sound surprised? This is not new, VZW has hated Microsoft ever since the Kin debacle. In that case both parties were to blame, but VZW has kept that particular grudge close to its cold shriveled heart.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want to sell as many phones as possible to businesses, you need to to target all the major carriers businesses use.

Not if that carrier insists on things that will hamper your product.

What if the hold up is that Verizon wants an exclusive for US? If catering to what Vzw wants locks you out of making your phones compatible with any other network in the US what would be the point? You'd be relying solely on Verizon to push your product.

Realistically, how does anyone suppose that would work out? Success or Failure for the Elite X3?

Certainly there must be a reason the device won't launch with capability for Vzw's network. Limiting possible distribution isn't an arbitrary decision. Vzw must be demanding something that would limit it more than launching without Verizon compatibility.

Ricardo Gonzalez5

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
If One Plus 3 have almost the same specification at Hp Elite X3 and 1+ was sale on $400dlls why HP going to sale around $700dlls?
Microsoft need to star making a ROM for One plus 3 ... why not?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I disagree that the 6 plus is the best there is. Not only is that a matter of taste, and the specs suggests otherwise, but the ecosystem is one I view as a con, not a pro.

Yugiro

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Its Windows 10 that made it available only after August. Windows 10 was not ready for the finger print sensor to be included in the device. They have to wait for the anniversary update that includes support for the finger print sensor.

devspeed

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
If this doesn't work on Verizon I would say it was an HP decision. I think there are Android phones that work fine on Verizon that aren't sold or marketed by Verizon.

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not if that carrier insists on things that will hamper your product.

What if the hold up is that Verizon wants an exclusive for US? If catering to what Vzw wants locks you out of making your phones compatible with any other network in the US what would be the point? You'd be relying solely on Verizon to push your product.

Realistically, how does anyone suppose that would work out? Success or Failure for the Elite X3?

Certainly there must be a reason the device won't launch with capability for Vzw's network. Limiting possible distribution isn't an arbitrary decision. Vzw must be demanding something that would limit it more than launching without Verizon compatibility.

I doubt we will ever know the reason. However, if a small player like Blackberry can get their new phones on all networks including Verizon, it seems like a big company like HP (or Microsoft) should be able to get their sales teams to make it happen for their products. As others have said, google has certainly done it with Nexus phones that aren't sold directly by Verizon, though in some cases it took some effort.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
The product hasn't been officially released yet. We are basically data mining. It's possible the specs are for an international variant. CDMA is basically not use anywhere other than US. Maybe there will be a Verizon branded variant with CDMA.

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
The product hasn't been officially released yet. We are basically data mining. It's possible the specs are for an international variant. CDMA is basically not use anywhere other than US. Maybe there will be a Verizon branded variant with CDMA.

That is my only hope right now. I live in an area AT&T is just starting to push into, so their coverage is slim. I hope VZ gets this phone, as long as it's not crippled like some of their phones have been to suit VZ/ Qualcom's extortion tactics, i.e. no FM radio function, sketchy tethering, non-removable software, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs